Yummy Potato Cheese Soup!
Published By Martha Lucier on November 14th, 2006 in Recipes & Mealtime
- 3-4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 large potatoes, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water ( I use veg boullion)
- 1 tsp dried dill (2 Tbsp fresh dill)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half a block)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or part cream)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
In a large soup pot, saute the onions and garlic in the butter until
the onions are translucent. Add the potatoes and carrots and saute
for 5-10min longer. Add the stock or water and dill and simmer until
all the vegetables are tender.
Puree the vegetables with the cream cheese and milk in a blender or
food processor. Return the soup to the soup pot. Season with salt
and pepper. Stir in cheddar cheese and reheat gently.
Garnish with fresh parsley.
New Recipies from Moosewood Restaurant.