I was comfortable. After a few years of adjusting to many big life changes, I found myself returning to a feeling of being comfortable. I had settled in to a new job, a new town, a new community, a new family, and a new way of living. Things were starting to feel safe again, predictable almost.
Along with this growth of comfort, came a growing discomfort in my knees. I tried to give “logical” reasons as to what was happening, like sitting at the office desk for too many hours, having a sinking mattress to sleep on, old dance injuries re-surfacing, weight gain. But deep down in the bones of my knees, I heard the knowing that my knees are what allows me to walk and move forward. To be sticky and stiff in the knees meant I was sticky and resistant to moving forward in my life.
When I take the Edge’s What type of explorer are you? quiz, I predictably receive the classification of a “rejuvenator”. Coming to the rejuvenating shamanism programs in 2005 is what first connected me to the Edge, and have been my programs of choice ever since. Then one day it occurred to me just how much I was limiting my growth by staying in the comfort of my own category. Like a bird opening it’s wings only to be met by the walls of a cage, I did not like the feeling of this restriction.
While moving your body, perhaps on a spring walk, or while dancing to your favourite song in your living room, come into focus within your heart. As you enter the inner landscape of your body, explore the question: I wonder what it would be like to travel to the body parts that are calling for change, giving them permission to communicate clearly with me?
If a strong emotion is found in a body part, continue the conversation by asking:
* What need is this emotion informing me of? What would bring balance to this emotion?
* What does honouring this need, in a new way, look like? Feel like? Taste like? Sound like? Smell like?
Click on image to listen to song
Bending with the Winds of Change
By Gwenith Kikkawa, Luna Carone (6 years old) & Katie Lucier (6 years old)
What do our ascendants, Luna & Katie, have to impart to us about change?
* Change means to be different.
* You get to be how you want to change.
* It will change your life.
* You get to do what you want to be different.
* You get to be kind with your changing.
* It will change the world and everything
* You can change back if you want to.
* Change whatever you like, and make a wish to make it happen.
Replenish & Rise Up
A nourishing yoga retreat for bigger bodied women
June 12-15, 2015
Join yoga teacher Carly Stong, and way of the circle co-facilitators Gwenith Kikkawa& Vicki Arsenault, for a heart lifting weekend of joyful movement, self-care, relaxation, laughter, and fun in the beauty of nature.
Are you yearning:
* To feel at home in a yoga class?
* To deepen the connection to your body?
* To honour your needs while exploring your ranges of ability?
* To open your heart to receive inner nourishment?
* To spread your wings and rise in your power?
Our bodies will be celebrated as we flow with the possibilities of props and other modifications to develop a sustainable practice unique to every one of us.
Join Jeana Iwalani Naluai to discover the “wisdom of the bones”, ancient teachings of how the emotional, spiritual nature of illness can be directly associated with different areas of the body.
Learn the full-body art form of Lomi Lomi Massage and how to administer advanced techniques to address these issues. By bringing the body into alignment, the emotional, mind and spirit bodies also align.
Hawaiian Lomi Lomi: Fundamental Training
Date: June 23 – 25, 2015
27 C.E. Hours
Advanced Lomi Lomi Core & Skeletal Alignment Training
Date: June 26-28, 2015
32 C.E. Hours
What might it be like to give the heart permission to guide our lives? What would it’s messages be? It’s desires? How would it like to express itself?
▪ Explore various ways of shamanic journeying and learn how this tool can offer guidance and support in living a thriving and inspired life.
▪ Connect with your very own helping spirit guides
▪ Co-create ceremony with others
▪ Tap into the wisdom of your childhood and reclaim how to fully utilize all your senses as gateways into the freedom of your imagination.
Answering the call of our heart wisdom, we trust in our power, embracing the fear of change, as we commit to living in our strength, and flowing with hope and colour.
▪ Weave personal practices of shamanism and ways of living from your heart into your daily life
▪ Align with the elements and seasons
▪ Embody the ancient wisdom of the ‘way of the circle’
▪ Awaken your indigenous soul connection to the earth
Delve within the folds of your own life stories and
discover the inner hero within!
“So many people have stuffed, blocked, denied and/or forgotten pieces of their story to the point that they become stuck within their story. Here is a way to cleanse, renew and work with the indigenous practice of reclaiming.” ~ Andrew Steed
This year long Soul Retrieval Training, offered every other year, is for those who are ready to dig deep beneath the surface, through rock and roots to the living story, returning ‘home’ to the fullest expression of who you are. As we carve new soul pathways, we will spread our wings of freedom, flowing love into all of life.
* Feb. 24 – 26, 2017
* May 26 – 28, 2017
* Aug. 23 – 27, 2017
* Nov. 17 – 29, 2017
Our free online community of the One Circle, to which we all belong…
* Strengthen and deepen your connections
* Empower each other
* Plan & share events or gatherings
* Keep communications alive
* Advertise on marketplace
* Step into your power
* Exercise your peace skills and ability to respond to any need
* Connect with other global communities