Recieve News, Updates, Stories, And Special Offers From The Edge
We take your privacy seriously; your email will not be shared with anyone else.
You can unsubscribe easily whenever you wish.
Published By Guest Post on July 28th, 2015 in Edge Insider
‘A desire is the interface between you and the future. No desire is meaningless of inconsequential. If it pulls you, even a little bit, it will take everyone higher. Every desire deserves your attention – especially the daily, repeating, seemingly small desires that circulate in your heart and mind.’ – Danielle LaPorte
Your desires point you in the direction of your happiness, they show you want you want, what you wish for, and are the reason that you cross your fingers for a specific outcome. Desires are the underlying factor in your thoughts and decisions. Now get this: you are not actually chasing goals – what you are chasing is the feeling that you believe achieving these goals will bring you. For real. Think about it; what are you hoping to feel when your goals are met?
To drop this bomb on you one more time: You are chasing feelings.
Now that you have this incredible insight that what you are truly after is the feelings and not the goal itself you need to get clear on exactly which feelings you are chasing. Each of us has our own unique set of Core Desired Feelings — feelings that are in our drivers seat, that elevate us, guide us to joy, that we crave to feel, and that we thrive on. When you discover your Core Desired Feelings you are empowered by your awareness to align with opportunities that create the feelings that you want to experience.
The importance of discovering your Core Desired Feelings:
– They guide you to be your best self (Picture yourself when you feel creative, inspired, joyful, and lit-up. Pretty awesome, right?)
– They point you in the direction of your happiness
– These are the feelings that you crave and THRIVE on
– They put a twinkle in your eye and a skip in your step (Don’t you want to know which feelings these are?!)
– To feel the way you want to feel as often as possible through small intentional actions
– To seek and be open to new opportunities that align with your Core Desired Feelings
– To step into your power of feeling the way you most want to feel, as often as possible
– To be motivated by the joy of what you are really after and to find love in the process of your goals
– To have an anchor that shows you alignment to your true desires
– To have the power to feel how you want to feel in any moment — circumstances don’t dictate your feelings: you do
– To get your head and your heart on the same team
Aren’t you glad the secret is out?
Courtney Sinclair, Desire Map Retreat host