As we prepare to gather at the Edge for a yoga retreat experience we are all invited to:
- Gather our ‘pieces’ to contribute to the collective retreat experience. Pieces may come in different forms such as: questions, dreams, heart yearnings, visions, healing needed, and personal experiences/teachings. What are you personally experiencing that may be connected to what others are experiencing?
- Share our pieces with the retreat group (on www.peacevillages.com, in conference calls, at the retreat), while releasing any expectations of how the sharing may be received or utilized. When we share our pieces, we honour what needs to be heard, freeing them to connect with other retreat member’s pieces. And like pieces of a puzzle, can come together to form a bigger picture, informing the greater whole.
- With love and compassion, acknowledge any shadows, triggers, or challenges that may surface leading up to a retreat gathering. Some examples of how these energies may present themselves (in attempts to distract us from following through with our heart’s calling): a cold, bodily discomfort, a flat tire, harsh weather conditions, emotional reactions or “drama” heightening in the people around us, a new work obligation suddenly presenting itself etc…
- Claim our seat in ‘the circle’. When we register for a yoga retreat, a energetic space begins to form and hold space for us in the group circle, to be filled with our purpose, gifts, and pieces when we physically show up. Only we can fill this space that we have co-created into being.
- Gently and lovingly begin to let go of the weight of past experiences rooted in fear. As we do this, we create the sacred space within for healing and growth.
- Seek, gather and utilize tools of transformation, so we can continually grow with our ability to respond. In doing so, we co-create a new light-filled extraordinary reality for ourselves, our family, our communities, and our earth. We are the answers to the biggest needs we see in our world.
Connect with your heart and ask:
What am I prepared to leave behind?
What are my fears?
What personal edges am I being called to grow?
What are my dreams?
What am I prepared to let go of to achieve my dreams?
What ‘pieces’ am I bringing to this gathering?