Job Posting: Guest Relations
Based in South River, Ontario our Guest Relations team responds to guest inquiries and processes registrations.
Job Title: Guest Relations
Role: Full time
Location: Our Office @ 100 Ottawa Avenue, South River, Ontario.
Start Date: Late June or sooner.
Northern Edge Algonquin
We provide experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
“The Edge” is a nature retreat & awareness centre located on Kawawaymog Lake, on the edge of Algonquin Park. We offer year-round experiences including yoga retreats, canoe trips, nature retreats, shamanism retreats, executive team building events, experiential education field trips, adventure and experiential tourism training programs and more. Comfortable cabin accommodations, delicious meals, programs, and activities are always included.
The Edge guest relations team is at the forefront of customer service and represents the Edge in the best possible light. He or she is usually the main person to communicate with guests. In the case of individual and small groups of travelers, the guest relations team is often the only point of contact with our guests prior to, and after the experience at the Edge.
The guest relations team provides guests with above-and-beyond, timely communications to ensure the guest experience will be worth remembering. The position ensures that guests are happy from the moment they inquire, sometimes, continuing to provide superior customer service after the guests are long gone.
What you’ll do:
- Be fully knowledgeable of products, services and pricing.
- Represent the Edge with professionalism & service excellence.
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone, online chat, email, and social media.
- Answer phone and respond to inquiries the same day inquiries are received.
- Prepare and deliver invoices, accept and process payments.
- Prepare and deliver email welcome packages and follow-up communications for guests.
- Write blog posts, design and send email newsletters.
- Maintain organized filing system of clients, program registrations, & payments.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries.
- Ensure “Experience Profiles” are complete with arriving guest information, accommodation plan, and other relevant info at least 10 days before each program.
- Make minor edits to web pages & pages documents.
- Post web listings, facebook & google ads.
- Manage “South River Indoor Golfers Club” payments & customer inquiries.
- Check mail, water office plants, and assist with rotation of laundry (linens) as needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional decorum at all times.
- Work with our team, doing what needs to be done to ensure the safety & positive experience of guests.
What you have:
- A natural warmth & friendliness.
- Passion, initiative, enthusiasm, motivation and teamwork.
- A strong client service orientation.
- A deeply empathetic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors
- A commitment to and passion for championing the core values and identity of Northern Edge Algonquin
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent Analytical, organizational, and computer skills including a good understanding of social media.
- Tech-savvy: Familiarity with Apple devices, Google Drive, Spreadsheets, WordPress, Pages, and the ability to quickly pick up new tech-related skills.
- Experience in hospitality, administration, sales, and ecotourism an asset.
$14 – $16/hour based on experience.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
- Send in your application to [email protected]
- Include your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references.
Northern Edge Algonquin: https://www.northernedgealgonquin.ca
To apply send resume to: [email protected]
Toll Free: 1.888.383.8320