Job Posting: Summer Painter
Published By Tim Lucier on April 30th, 2018 in Jobs
Summer Painter 2018
Location: Northern Edge Algonquin, Kawawaymog Lake (Algonquin Park Access #1)
Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
Working Season: May 2018 – Labour Day 2018
To apply send cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
Northern Edge Algonquin: www.northernedgealgonquin.ca
Northern Edge Algonquin is a national and provincial award-winning nature retreat recognized by TripAdvisor as a Platinum Level GreenLeader, and by Destination Canada as a Signature Experience provider, representing the best in Canada. Our mission is to provide experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
“The Edge” is located on Kawawaymog Lake, on the edge of Algonquin Park. We offer year-round experiences including yoga retreats, canoe trips, nature retreats, shamanism retreats, executive team building events, experiential education field trips, adventure and experiential tourism training programs and more. Comfortable cabin accommodations, delicious meals, programs, and activities are always included.
Contribute towards the achievement of the Northern Edge Algonquin’s high standards of facility maintenance while enjoying a summer spent outdoors. Complete daily and weekly assigned checklists as required to ensure the efficient and cost effective scraping, sanding, staining, and painting of decks, outdoor furniture, indoor & outdoor walls & siding. Meet health and sanitation standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
All positions at the Edge have room to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare areas to paint by power washing, scraping, and sanding.
- Apply stain, whitewash, varnish, and paint as required.
- Work on a variety of projects indoors & outdoors, from putting the finishing touches on our new construction projects, to ensuring the long-lasting quality of our existing deck.
- Report maintenance issues and damaged items found.
- Complete assigned projects efficiently.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional decorum at all times.
- Assist as needed in other roles, to help ensure the safety & seamless experience of guests.
- Option for additional work in areas of facility stewardship, housekeeping, or food service.
- Role includes Indoor and outdoor work, repetitive tasks, occasionally handling heavy loads, and performing physically demanding tasks with attention to detail. Activities include a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
What you have:
- A self-motivated personality with an appreciation for team success.
- A professional appearance and manner.
- Exceptional communication skills, working well with guests and other team members.
- A willingness to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to move on outdoor trails to multiple buildings, bend, stoop and reach, and assist other staff members, to complete tasks if situation demands.
- Proven painting/staining ability with an attention to detail.
- Approachable, pleasant, polite, fast.
- Knowledge of painting/staining techniques and products an asset.
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and organize time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- A valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation to and from our off-the-grid location is required.
- Strong mission of service – passion, initiative, motivation and teamwork skills.
- A deeply empathetic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors.
- A commitment to and passion for championing the core values and identity of Northern Edge Algonquin.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
Compensation & Work Hours
$14 – $16/hour, based on experience.
30-40 hours/week, part-time opportunities may also available.
Please send an application to [email protected], including:
- Cover Letter
- 2 or 3 References (including their email contact information.)
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll invite you out for a site tour & interview.