Job Posting: Housekeeping Steward
Job Title: Housekeeping Steward (Part Time with opportunity to combine with another position into Full Time)
Location: Northern Edge Algonquin, Kawawaymog Lake (Algonquin Park Access #1)
Start Date: April or May 2019
To apply send cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
Northern Edge Algonquin is a national and provincial award-winning nature retreat recognized by TripAdvisor as a Platinum Level GreenLeader, and by Destination Canada as a Signature Experience provider, representing the best in Canada. Our mission is to provide experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
“The Edge” is located on Kawawaymog Lake, on the edge of Algonquin Park. We offer year-round experiences including yoga retreats, canoe trips, nature retreats, shamanism retreats, executive team building events, experiential education field trips, adventure and experiential tourism training programs and more. Comfortable cabin accommodations, delicious meals, programs, and activities are always included.
Contribute towards the achievement of the Northern Edge Algonquin’s high standards of cleanliness and guest care. Ensure a clean and safe work environment completing daily and weekly assigned checklists as required to ensure the efficient and cost effective preparation and cleaning of public spaces, guest rooms, and back of the house areas. Meet health and sanitation standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
All positions at the Edge have room to grow.
Our Housekeeping Team Principals:
- Contributing towards the achievement of Northern Edge Algonquin’s high standards of cleanliness and guest care.
- Ensuring a clean and safe work environment completing daily and weekly assigned checklists as required.
- Energetic clearing with positivity.
- Maintaining welcoming “front of house” spaces and well-organized “back of house” spaces.
- Efficiency, and a high quality of care for our spaces, team, and guests.
- Environmentally sustainable cleaning products & solutions.
- Applying The KonMari Method™ to organization, display, and storage of items.
- Self Management: Taking initiative in resolving issues to the best of one’s knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement: Voicing suggestions for how practices can improve.
What you’ll do:
- Sweep, mop and wash floors,
- Clean furniture and fixtures,
- Make beds and change sheets,
- Distribute clean towels and toiletries,
- Stock linen,
- Wash and fold laundry,
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms, fixtures, and empty trash containers.
- Transport clean and soiled linens. Loading and unloading washing machines and dryers, folding sheets, towels and bedding.
- Ensure the safe storage and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Assist in the planning and checking of seasonal deep cleaning duties.
- Report maintenance issues and damaged items found.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
- Maintain a positive and professional decorum at all times.
- Work with our team, doing what needs to be done to ensure the safety & seamless experience of guests.
- Role includes Indoor and outdoor work, repetitive tasks, occasionally handling heavy loads, and performing physically demanding tasks with attention to detail. Activities include a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
What you have:
- A self-motivated personality with an appreciation for team success.
- A professional appearance and manner.
- Exceptional communication skills, working well with guests and other team members.
- A willingness to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to move on outdoor trails to multiple buildings, bend, stoop and reach, and assist other staff members, to complete tasks if situation demands.
- Proven cleaning ability with an attention to detail.
- Approachable, pleasant, polite, fast.
- Able to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and products an asset.
- Self starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and organize time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- A valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation to and from our off-the-grid location is required.
- Strong mission of service – passion, initiative, motivation and teamwork skills.
- A deeply empathetic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors.
- A commitment to and passion for championing the core values and identity of Northern Edge Algonquin.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset.
Compensation & Work Hours
30-40 hours/week, part-time opportunities also available.
Please submit an application to [email protected], including the following:
– Cover Letter
– 2 or 3 References (including email address)
If we think you might be a good fit, we’ll invite you out for a site tour & interview.
Download this Job Posting: Housekeeping Steward 2019