Job Posting: Hospitality Steward
Published By Tim Lucier on July 18th, 2020 in Edge Insider, Jobs
Role Title: Hospitality Steward
Hours: Part time, 15 – 30 hours/week (Full-time & seasonal opportunities also available.)
Location: Our off-the-grid retreat centre on Kawawaymog Lake, 20km from South River, Ontario.
To apply send cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
Northern Edge Algonquin
We provide experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
“The Edge” is a nature retreat & awareness centre located on Kawawaymog Lake, on the edge of Algonquin Park. We offer year-round retreat experiences including yoga retreats, adventure getaways, spiritual experiences, team building, experiential tourism training programs, reunions, and more. Comfortable cabin accommodations, delicious meals, programs, and activities are always included.
- Meaningful employment and a sense of belonging in a co-creative & positive team that values community connection.
- Peaceful work environments & lots of opportunity to spend time in nature.
- Flexibility – we value your time and your unique needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of all-inclusive retreat programs at no cost & reduced cost, contributing to both personal & professional development.
- The Edge offers a self-funded health & dental benefits program for team members after four months of uninterrupted employment.
- Exploring our corner of Algonquin Park and area with free access to borrow equipment.
- A self-funded health & dental benefits program for team members after four months of uninterrupted employment.
We’re looking for a positive & energetic person to join our Hospitality team at the Edge and contribute to our high standards of cleanliness and quality care for our guests. This combination role involves helping out with Housekeeping tasks on some weekdays, and working in the kitchen on weekends in a Food Service support role, helping to keep the kitchen clean & organized, and prepare food safely.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with food preparation tasks,
- Wash, dry, and put away dishes in their proper places,
- Sweep & prepare dining room prior to guest meals,
- Sweep, mop and wash floors,
- Clean furniture and fixtures,
- Make beds and change sheets,
- Wash and fold laundry,
- Transport clean and soiled linens. Loading and unloading washing machines and dryers, folding sheets, towels and bedding.
- Ensure the safe storage and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Maintain a positive and professional decorum at all times.
- Work with our team, doing what needs to be done to ensure the safety & positive experience of guests.
What you have:
- Passion, initiative, enthusiasm, motivation and teamwork.
- A deeply empathetic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors
- A commitment to and passion for championing the core values and identity of Northern Edge Algonquin
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
- Reliable transportation to and from work at our Algonquin Park location. In many cases, carpooling may be available from local towns.
- Experience in Food Service, Housekeeping, or Hospitality an asset.
- Send in your application to [email protected]
- Include your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references with email addresses.
- Candidates may be invited for an interview at our Algonquin Park retreat.