Job Posting: Program & Services Coordinator of Way of the Circle Centre
Published By Gwenith Kikkawa on August 14th, 2020 in Jobs
Job Title: WOCC Program & Services Coordinator
Hours: Full time, 30 – 40 hours/week
Location: Our Office @ 100 Ottawa Avenue, South River, Ontario. Our off-the-grid retreat centre on Kawawaymog Lake, 20km from South River, Ontario.
Compensation: $15 – $17/hour based on experience.
Start Date: September 1, 2020
Way of the Circle Centre: https://www.northernedgealgonquin.ca/circle/
Way of the Circle Centre is a subsidiary of Northern Edge Algonquin, an eco-friendly retreat centre, providing experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
The Way of the Circle Centre specializes in facilitating healing and transformative experiences that awaken us to our innate gifts and inspire heart-led action in our families, our communities, and on our planet; for a beautiful & sustainable future. Our name reflects a way of living for those called to value their greater purpose and true held power. The WOCC engages the imagination of those who dream of co-creating a life of love, peace and unity, while offering a template of how to make that dream our reality. Through our heart’s guidance, we remember our connection to the greater Circle of Life, inviting us to rediscover the immensity that lies within us all.
Like a steady drumbeat, the WOCC Program & Services Coordinator’s role is to help maintain the rhythmic pulse of the Way of the Circle culture and communities; a heartbeat that people can hone in on for clarity and support in following their heart’s path.
They are at the forefront of customer service and represent the WOCC and the Edge in the best possible light. They are the main point of contact for positive guest communications before and after their retreat, while helping maintain clear communications and connections, organization and completion of administrative tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Tend to guest relations and community conversations related to WOCC.
- Assist in WOCC program creation and development.
- Participate in the Social Media Team and marketing for WOCC.
- Manage and nourish the Way of the Circle culture in the WOCC collective community, WOC Mentorship Training community, the Rainbow Dragon Wings circle of core visionaries, and the Edge team.
- Step into additional Edge roles when there is a need.
- Meaningful employment and a sense of belonging in a co-creative & positive team that values community connection.
- Peaceful work environments & opportunity to spend time in nature.
- Flexibility – we value your time and your unique life needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of all-inclusive retreat programs at no cost or reduced cost, contributing to both personal & professional development.
- A self-funded health & dental benefits program for team members after four months of uninterrupted employment.
- Exploring our corner of Algonquin Park and area with free access to adventure equipment.
What You Have:
- An existing relationship with the Edge and/or the Way of the Circle Centre Community, with knowledge and experience of Circle Culture.
- A desire to grow more fully into your potential, interested in learning more about the Way of the Circle.
- An ability to go within your own heart to tend to your personal healing, growth and development, allowing your work to extend from within.
- Tech-savvy. Strong computer skills with the ability to learn and grow. Proficient with Apple devices, Google drive, Social Media.
- Familiarity with Spreadsheets, WordPress, Pages, Adobe, and Mailchimp would be an asset.
- A connection with nature and an appreciation of peace derived from time outdoors.
- Self-initiative: identifying & resolving upcoming tasks and other needs with independence and ability to self-manage.
- A calling to be of service to the collective “we”, contributing to the growth and evolution of ourselves and the greater whole.
- Ability to multitask, organizing time effectively and coordinating tasks so they are completed efficiently.
- A willingness to work in “circular time”, present and attuned to the guidance of natural rhythms and cycles.
- Dependability when working with minimal supervision.
- Active listening skills.
- Openness to continually learn and steadily improve.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player: a willingness to assist co-workers with tasks, recognizing a shared responsibility to co-create positive guest experiences.
- An empathic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
- Ability to meet with other Edge team members regularly by video conference, in person, and on site at the retreat centre.
Opportunities for Growth and Expansion:
Team members at the Edge are invited to craft their role to a unique fit, at times wearing different hats and adding their voice to new areas. This position can pair well with:
- Guest relations and group sales for other Edge programs
- Social media & content creation for the Edge
- Opportunities to build, organize and facilitate team culture in the Way of the Circle
- Retreat facilitation and hosting
- Food service, hospitality, housekeeping, stewardship, gardening, and other on-site opportunities for grounding and supporting retreat experiences.
Send Your Application To: [email protected], including:
- Cover letter
- Response to active dreaming questions: What is calling you to work with the Circle and the Edge? How are you desiring to grow?
- 2-3 references with email addresses.
- Candidates may be invited for an interview at our Algonquin Park retreat or at our Main Office in South River, Ontario. Long-distance applicants may choose to interview via a video call.