Job Posting: Guest & Group Relations
Published By Tim Lucier on August 24th, 2021 in Edge Insider
“The Edge”, located on Kawawaymog Lake at the Northwestern corner of Algonquin Park, co-creates and hosts all-inclusive transformational retreats for groups of 8 to 30. Participants unplug in nature for our custom, multi-day experiences that reconnect and inspire the leader within, nourishing deep connections in our communities.
Our guests sleep comfortably in private or semi-private cozy eco cabins designed in harmony with our forest home, enjoy nourishing meals crafted with care from locally-sourced ingredients, and participate in specially curated experiences hosted by a variety of facilitators which make use of our lakeside studio and natural gathering spaces.
The Edge Team is the heart and soul of this place. As a co-creative and positive work community, we support each-other in our individual & collective growth, leadership, and in pursuing our dreams. Are you seeking to grow and evolve through a dynamic role where your contributions are valued? A few things our team appreciates about working with Northern Edge:
- Meaningful work, surrounded by nature: Located on a lake, in a forest, we love working in nature. It’s encouraged to take breaks for swimming, forest walks, campfires, and more.
- Flexibility: We’re human, and we believe work-life balance is important. We’re flexible with time off & working hours, and we understand that there are priorities outside of work.
- Amenities and programming: We’re a transformational leadership centre with a ton of programs, materials, and amenities that have been created for the enjoyment of our guests and our team. The team is welcome to jump in on retreat experiences, or borrow equipment to explore our corner of Algonquin Park.
- Health & Wellness: Our team’s health, resilience, and wellness is a top priority. Our health & dental benefits program kicks in after four months of employment. Careful safety measures are in place through Covid 19.
- Evolution: Growth at the Edge, and stepping into leadership, looks more like a constellation than a ladder. You’ll learn a lot and gain valuable experience. Team members are encouraged to engage their passions and interests to craft a unique role that will feel fulfilling.
We are seeking a sociable, tech-friendly assistant to provide administrative support in promoting & selling retreats while managing guest registrations, questions, and payments. This anchoring role in our office is the main point of contact for positive communications with guests and groups before & after their trip.
- Maintain the thread of communication with guests & groups through check-in calls, email welcome packages, and other forms of outreach.
- Process registrations, maintaining our organized record-keeping of clients, registrations, invoices and payments.
- Participate in the planning, promotion, and sale of retreats.
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone, online chat, email, and social media.
- Communicate with our team and coordinate the details of upcoming events to ensure guest & group needs are met.
- Care for our office atmosphere: Check mail, water office plants, take out garbage/recycling, vacuum, and assist with rotation of laundry (linens) as needed.
In this role, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn or use existing skills in:
- Social media management and e-newsletter marketing.
- Group sales, promotions and advertising.
- Retreat program development and co-creation.
- Website management, content writing & search engine optimization.
- Bookkeeping, payment management, and purchasing.
All roles at the Edge have room to grow. Many who have held this role in the past have gained valuable skills, experience, and inspiration that led them to start their own successful businesses.
What we’re looking for:
- Very tech-friendly and quick-to-learn. Comfortable computer skills (Apple/Macintosh) and willing to embrace new digital tools. You’ll manage a custom system that connects Google Drive, Typeform, Mailchimp, Airtable, WordPress, Stripe payments, and more.
- A natural warmth and friendliness with great communication skills. Comfortable speaking with strangers on the phone and over zoom.
- Writing and editing skills. You’ll need to set a friendly & professional tone in email communications, and the role includes many opportunities to engage in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, managing time effectively.
- Customer service, sales, and bookkeeping experience would be an asset.
- There are important elements of this role that help to anchor the rest of our team, some of whom work remotely. This is an in-person office position – but has the flexibility to work from home occasionally.
Role specifics and how to apply:
30 – 40 hours a week, with a good degree of flexibility for work-life balance.
Wages starting at $18 – $20/hour, based on experience.
Most work days take place at our spacious, comfortable office in South River, Ontario with between 0-2 co-workers. Some days, meetings, and tasks may take place on-site, 22km from town at our nature retreat where the majority of our team works.
Do you have a question about this role?
Please give us a call 888 383 8320 or send an email to [email protected], c/o Tim Lucier.
Apply today: Please email [email protected] to tell us why you’d like to work at the Edge and why you’re a fit for this position – and include a resume.