Job Posting: Housekeeping Coordinator
Published By Tim Lucier on August 24th, 2021 in Jobs
“The Edge”, located on Kawawaymog Lake at the Northwestern corner of Algonquin Park, co-creates and hosts all-inclusive transformational retreats for groups of 8 to 30. Participants unplug in nature for our custom, multi-day experiences that reconnect and inspire the leader within, nourishing deep connections in our communities.
Our guests sleep comfortably in private or semi-private cozy eco cabins designed in harmony with our forest home, enjoy nourishing meals crafted with care from locally-sourced ingredients, and participate in specially curated experiences hosted by a variety of facilitators which make use of our lakeside studio and natural gathering spaces.
The Edge Team is the heart and soul of this place. As a co-creative and positive work community, we support each-other in our individual & collective growth, leadership, and in pursuing our dreams. Are you seeking to grow and evolve through a dynamic role where your contributions are valued? A few things our team appreciates about working with Northern Edge:
- Meaningful work, surrounded by nature: In a forest, on a lake, we find fulfilment in the natural environment we’re surrounded by. It’s encouraged to take breaks for swimming, forest walks, campfires, and more.
- Flexibility: We’re human, and we believe work-life balance is important. We’re very flexible with time off and understand that there are priorities outside of work.
- Amenities and programming: We’re a transformational leadership centre with a ton of programs, materials, and amenities that have been created for the enjoyment of our guests and our team. The team is welcome to jump in on retreat experiences, or borrow equipment to explore our corner of Algonquin Park.
- Health & Wellness: Our team’s health, resilience, and wellness is a top priority. Our health & dental benefits program kicks in after four months of employment. Careful safety measures are in place through Covid 19.
- Evolution: Growth at the Edge, and stepping into leadership, looks more like a constellation than a ladder. You’ll learn a lot and gain valuable experience. Team members are encouraged to engage their passions and interests to craft a unique role that will feel fulfilling.
We are seeking a natural leader & housekeeper with an eye for detail to work closely with our small housekeeping team to clean, prepare, and maintain spaces for guest and staff use. You’ll learn the “ins and outs” of the Edge in order to steer the team through weekly upkeep, event preparation & wrap-up, seasonal deep-cleaning. Help us meet our high standards of cleanliness and guest care.
Our Housekeeping Team Principals:
- Maintaining fresh, clean, & welcoming guest spaces.
- Keeping supplies organized and staff spaces as fresh and clear as guest spaces.
- Care & empathy for our team and guests.
- A shared responsibility to co-create positive guest experiences.
- Use of environmentally sustainable cleaning products & solutions.
- Efficiency and simplicity.
- Taking initiative and self-directed action to resolve issues to the best of one’s knowledge and abilities.
- Voicing suggestions & new ideas for continuous improvement.
Can you see yourself:
- Finding fulfillment through cleaning & refreshing spaces?
- Updating and maintaining housekeeping checklists and training materials?
- Paying close attention to upcoming retreats, events, activities – identifying what needs there are in regard to guest care & spaces, and finding ways to fulfill those needs?
- Coordinating & participating in informal weekly action plans?
- Developing improved practices? (For example: Researching and sourcing improved cleaning products and more environmentally sustainable solutions.)
All roles at the Edge have room to grow. This role can be combined with facility stewardship, meal service, guest relations, and more.
Our dream candidate:
- Enjoys acts of service – appreciates how their contributions in cleaning & maintaining spaces help the overall mission of the Edge.
- Is comfortable providing direction and support to other team members.
- Has an excellent cleaning ability with attention to detail and a love for organization.
- Has self-initiative & dependability, efficient time management skills.
- Is comfortable with basic technology use (mobile apps, ipad): Our team uses Slack, messaging, email, digital scheduling, Google Drive / Google Sheets.
- Previous management/housekeeping/guest care experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and environmentally-friendly products is an asset.
Role specifics and how to apply:
We’d like to find a balance that will meet both of our needs. We imagine 25 – 35 hours a week. Depending on experience, a starting wage between $16 – $18/hour.
Most work days take place at our nature retreat centre Northern Edge Algonquin, 22km from the town of South River. We love to work with locals but for the right candidate we can provide accommodation.
Start date: As soon as possible
Do you have a question about this role?
Please give us a call 888 383 8320 or send an email to [email protected], c/o Tim Lucier.
To apply, please tell us (via an email, a cover letter) why you’d like to work at the Edge and why you’re a fit for this position – and include a resume. Send to [email protected]