Job Posting: Hospitality Steward
Published By Tim Lucier on September 2nd, 2021 in Jobs
“The Edge”, located on Kawawaymog Lake at the Northwestern corner of Algonquin Park, co-creates and hosts all-inclusive transformational retreats for groups of 8 to 30. Participants unplug in nature for our custom, multi-day experiences that reconnect and inspire the leader within, nourishing deep connections in our communities.
Our guests sleep comfortably in private or semi-private cozy eco cabins designed in harmony with our forest home, enjoy nourishing meals crafted with care from locally-sourced ingredients, and participate in specially curated experiences hosted by a variety of facilitators which make use of our lakeside studio and natural gathering spaces.
The Edge Team is the heart and soul of this place. As a co-creative and positive work community, we support each-other in our individual & collective growth, leadership, and in pursuing our dreams. Are you seeking to grow and evolve through a dynamic role where your contributions are valued? A few things our team appreciates about working with Northern Edge:
- Meaningful work, surrounded by nature: Located on a lake, in a forest, we love working in nature. It’s encouraged to take breaks for swimming, forest walks, campfires, and more.
- Flexibility: We’re human, and we believe work-life balance is important. We’re flexible with time off & working hours, and we understand that there are priorities outside of work.
- Amenities and programming: We’re a transformational leadership centre with a ton of programs, materials, and amenities that have been created for the enjoyment of our guests and our team. The team is welcome to jump in on retreat experiences, or borrow equipment to explore our corner of Algonquin Park.
- Health & Wellness: Our team’s health, resilience, and wellness is a top priority. Our health & dental benefits program kicks in after four months of employment. Careful safety measures are in place through Covid 19.
- Evolution: Growth at the Edge, and stepping into leadership, looks more like a constellation than a ladder. You’ll learn a lot and gain valuable experience. Team members are encouraged to engage their passions and interests to craft a unique role that will feel fulfilling.
Position: Hospitality Steward
Northern Edge Algonquin, South River, ON
We are seeking a positive & energetic person to join our Hospitality team at the Edge and help see us through the end of our busy season, and possibly beyond. This combination role is grounded in supporting our retreats with Housekeeping tasks on some weekdays, and Food Service/Serving tasks on weekends, and has lots of opportunity to engage in guest nature experiences.
Our Hospitality Team Principals:
- Maintaining fresh, clean, & welcoming guest spaces.
- Keeping supplies organized and staff spaces as fresh and clear as guest spaces.
- Care & empathy for our team and guests.
- A shared responsibility to co-create positive guest experiences.
- Use of environmentally sustainable cleaning products & solutions.
- Efficiency and simplicity.
- Taking initiative and self-directed action to resolve issues to the best of one’s knowledge and abilities.
- Voicing suggestions & new ideas for continuous improvement.
- Work with the housekeeping team to tidy and clean spaces, make beds, and prepare for incoming guests / groups.
- Work with the food service team to prepare, serve, and clean up after delicious, locally-sourced meals.
- Support our programming team by assisting with setup and delivery of nature, art, leadership, and wellness activities.
- Can be part-time or full-time. Can be a temporary position with an end date of November 1st, or a long-term position.
- Role can include on-site accommodation for the right candidate, or overnight accommodation between two shifts.
- Wages starting at $14 – $17/hour, based on experience.
- Most work days take place at our nature retreat centre Northern Edge Algonquin, 22km from the town of South River.
- Start date: As soon as possible
All roles at the Edge have room to grow. This role can be combined with facility stewardship, meal service, guest relations, and more.
Full-time Position: Housekeeping Coordinator
Northern Edge Algonquin, South River, ON
Our dream candidate:
- Enjoys acts of service – will gain fulfillment through their contributions in this role.
- Has good cleaning ability and an appreciation for organization.
- Has self-initiative & dependability.
- Is comfortable with basic technology use (mobile apps, ipad): Our team uses Slack, messaging, email, digital scheduling, Google Drive / Google Sheets.
- Previous management/housekeeping/serving/guest care experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and environmentally-friendly products is an asset.
Do you have a question about this role?
Please give us a call 888 383 8320 or send an email to [email protected], c/o Tim Lucier.
Apply today: Please email [email protected] to tell us why you’d like to work at the Edge and why you’re a fit for this position – and include a resume.