Quest for Balance
Nourish your body and soul with our signature Yoga & Stand-Up Paddleboarding retreat.
It’s a little Yin for your Yang . . .
- four days / three nights of accommodation and meals at Ontario’s award-winning Algonquin Park nature retreat (3 day “Short & Sweet” version available in September)
- daily active and restorative yoga sessions
- stand-up paddling (SUP) lessons and excursions
- lakefront wood-fired sauna experiences
- mouth-watering locally grown, organic meals
Imagine being guided each day to focus on yoga as an invitation to live it’s principles, how could you begin to transform and deepen your practice? This yoga retreat at Ontario’s Algonquin Park offers twice daily active and restorative yoga sessions in the cradle of our eco-retreat while learning to stand up paddle on scenic Kawawaymog Lake. Read Angela Dollar’s story on her Quest for Balance. Print off the Sample Itinerary to share with friends!
All-inclusive: Quest for Balance Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, and administration are all included, from $987/person.
- Quest for Balance Program: $300/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $229/person/night (3 nights)
- July 31 – August 3, 2020
- By arrangement for groups of 8+
Some words from our guests :
- "It is hard to describe in words how much I love the Edge. Felling beyond grateful for an experience filled with awe and wonder. Far more fulfilling than a week down south and has restored my childhood love of the winter! Every person, place and thing at the Edge contributed to an experience that left me replenished, whole and happier than I had been in months... Staff at the Edge helped me figure out how to help myself. Leaving me able to replenish myself in my regular crazy and hectic life!"
-Joanne Hofinger, February 2018
Read Original Post
- "A beautiful space to escape from the city, technology and enjoy nature surrounded by a gorgeous family-style lake house. Chef Greg was my favourite addition, his food was wonderfully prepared, locally & organically sourced, and SO delicious! You could really tell he loved what he does. Yoga studio has a fantastic view of the lake, and every part of the space was thoughtfully and beautifully designed - would highly recommend and will definitely be back."
-Ashleigh Martin, September 2018
Read Original Post
- "The staff is attentive, passionate about creating a restful experience for you and have thought of everything. The buildings are spotless and cozy and the facilities are beautiful, well laid out and fit into the natural environment. And the food -- the best, most plentiful, creative, delicious, organic local food imaginable... The sauna was the highlight for me, dipping into the lake and back into the sauna all afternoon meant my body was fully renewed. The yoga studio overlooking the lake and the meditation room are peaceful and lay the groundwork for a wonderful transformative retreat."
-Anna Hardwick, October 2018
Read Original Post
- "When I signed up, I figured I’d have a pretty good time. But I was astonished by how truly wonderful it turned out to be. And the impact that it had on me, physically, mentally and spiritually. Thanks to Wendy’s and Joanna’s gentle guidance, loving care and slightly wicked senses of humour – I not only had the best vacation I could imagine, but I was able to really relax, gain some much needed perspective, rediscover my love of yoga and the outdoors and overcome some hurdles which turned out to be more mental than physical. Then there’s Greg’s awesome meals. Yummy. In short, A Quest for Balance completely rocks! Once you experience it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner."
-Lisa Denvir, Toronto