Trails, Tales, and Ales
A culinary bike & hike adventure enriched with local ale pairings and cultural history.
Travel to the small village of South River, home of Highlander Brew Co. where you will meet Brian Wilson for a once-in-a-lifetime “Brewmaster Training” and tasting of local ales. Refreshed, hop on a bike and cycle along 20km of rolling backcountry trails, breathing in the fresh air and the spectacular fall colours until you arrive at your destination—a century-old log cabin nestled in the wilderness.
Over the next few days, “Highlander House” is home-base for this customizable Retreat Program for groups of 10 – 35. Explore the Forgotten Trails, a network of exhilarating local trails with stunning views and varying level of difficulty via bike & hike, or ski & snowshoe.
Enjoy the hearty harvest flavours of the season, paired with Ontario ale by Chef Gregor. Soak up the stars with a late-night paddle, relax around a campfire, and hop between our wood-fired sauna and freshwater lake.
One very special evening, an artisan pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven awaits along with more local ales and a live performance from a local singer/songwriter.
- Ontario Craft Brewery tastings with Highlander Brew Co, and menus paired by chef Gregor.
- Seasonal adventures: Hiking, biking, canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding Spring-Fall, and snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, lakefront ice skating, or even dog-sledding in the Winter.
- Explore globally-inspired meals crafted with care from ingredients grown right on site and with local partners.
- An unplugged concert with a local singer/songwriter in our 120 year old Highlander House log cabin.
- Ample doses of local lore & story telling thrown in for good measure.
Trails, Tales, & Ales Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included.
Get in touch for up-to-date rates.
- Available by arrangement for groups of 10+.