Trails, Tales, and Ales
A culinary bike & hike adventure enriched with local ale pairings and cultural history.
Travel to the small village of South River, home of Highlander Brew Co. where you will meet Brian Wilson for a once-in-a-lifetime “Brewmaster Training” and tasting of local ales. Refreshed, hop on a bike and cycle along 20km of rolling backcountry trails, breathing in the fresh air and the spectacular fall colours until you arrive at your destination—a century-old log cabin nestled in the wilderness.
Over the next few days, “Highlander House” is home-base for this customizable Retreat Program for groups of 10 – 35. Explore the Forgotten Trails, a network of exhilarating local trails with stunning views and varying level of difficulty via bike & hike, or ski & snowshoe.
Enjoy the hearty harvest flavours of the season, paired with Ontario ale by Chef Gregor. Soak up the stars with a late-night paddle, relax around a campfire, and hop between our wood-fired sauna and freshwater lake.
One very special evening, an artisan pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven awaits along with more local ales and a live performance from a local singer/songwriter.
- Ontario Craft Brewery tastings with Highlander Brew Co, and menus paired by chef Gregor.
- Seasonal adventures: Hiking, biking, canoeing, stand-up paddleboarding Spring-Fall, and snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, lakefront ice skating, or even dog-sledding in the Winter.
- Explore globally-inspired meals crafted with care from ingredients grown right on site and with local partners.
- An unplugged concert with a local singer/songwriter in our 120 year old Highlander House log cabin.
- Ample doses of local lore & story telling thrown in for good measure.
- Trails, Tales, and Ales Program: $300/person
- Meals & Accommodation: from $210/person/night (3 nights)
- Available by arrangement for groups of 10+.