What might it be like to come home to your heart, remembering how to live by the guidance of your inner wisdom, while nourishing and growing the passions that fulfill you?
The Heart Foundations series offers one retreat program each season, open to participants of all experience levels. Each retreat has a guiding theme that explores different aspects of building a strong and sustainable foundation of heart-centered living.
Each retreat experience is co-created by the participants through a process of walking the Spiral Path in the Way of the Circle. Participants tap into their intuition, unique gifts, soul yearnings, day and nighttime dreams, innate wisdom, and helping spirits to co-create living ceremony. Going deep within they rediscovering their greatest leader, teacher and healer within. This allows the retreat group to receive magical learning experiences that meet their individual needs while being of service to the greater Circle. Through the heart’s gateway within, one is able to respond with their innate gifts and abilities, fulfilling the greatest needs they perceive in their lives and the world.
No matter who we are, or where we are on our journey in life, the heart is our meeting place . . .
Our community is comprised of a beautifully diverse group of heart-centered individuals from a variety of cultural and spiritual backgrounds. During a retreat program participants may feel called to share a personal tradition or practice with the group. We welcome all universal learnings that nourish love, peace, unity, and connection.
What will you experience?
- Tapping into your innate wisdom through heart-lead forms of self inquiry.
- Community building in the sustainable Way of the Circle.
- A deepening connection with the earth.
- Learning how to facilitate and co-create peacemaking in your family, in your communities, and in the world.
- Resetting your internal rhythms, flowing in harmony with the elements and seasons.
- Developing trust and compassion within, and with others.
- Healing the past.
- Living presently.
- Preparing for the future.
- Making lifelong transformations that support wholeness and health.
- Ongoing community building and support through seasonal virtual gatherings and newsletters.
- Coming home to your true nature.
Curious about what to expect? Read The Unexpected: What to expect at a circle gathering at Northern Edge Algonquin
“The Heart Foundations are vehicles for change. Within the safe and supportive structure of the Way of the Circle, we realize our inter-connectedness, traveling deep within to retrieve the gifts we came into this world to share. Being seen, feeling heard, inspiring each other, and honoring one another’s values, we heal the root cause of isolation and scarcity. Coming together we undergo a joyous alchemical process, transmuting the dream of fear, divisiveness and disharmony into the dream of Love, Unity, and Peace. Our survival as a human species depends on us remembering ancient wisdom, and our connection to the Spirit that lives in all things.”
Martha Lucier, Co-Founder
Upcoming Retreat Dates:
February 3 – 6, 2022
Coming home to the Fire Within, let us gather under the stars in the stillness of winter to re-ignite our passions.
May 12 – 15, 2022
Flowing with renewed life, let us embrace our child-like innocence as we nurture the seeds of new dreams.
August 11 – 14, 2022
Playing outside and daydreaming in nature, let us honour our ability to create in this time of growth & abundance.
October 14 – 17, 2021
Harvesting wisdom from the wind and trees, let us root deep into the earth, connected, and restore our balance.
All-inclusive: Heart Foundations participation, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest cabin accommodation, program materials, mentoring, and administration are all included, from $1099/person + HST.
- Heart Foundations Investment: $200/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $899/person (3 nights, 4 days)
Some words from past attendees :
- "Beautiful area set back into the woods on a lake. It was an entire weekend of meditation on a personal level, of which, assisted me to work through personal stressful events of every day life. Very clean, and organized, comfortable for certain. The Staff, are very kind, and friendly. LOVE THE EDGE!"
-Jane Mathers, April 2019
Read Original Post
- "Nature has a way of creating a deep play for young ones, but also for adults too. At the Edge, I was able to dream, create, and become mindful at the moment, leading by my heart centre. My heart had been broken, my sense of identity lost. Coming to the circle, an ancient community practice, at the Edge, helped me understand what my new normal would become."
-Jennifer Casement Buttineau, Barrie, September 2018
Read Original Post
- "I was welcomed with open arms, love and so much faith and support. To be here exactly as I am, without the need to validate my existence or justify myself in any way. To just, be. I could feel myself gaining a small piece of my heart back, with the realization that I do have something to offer, that my story is worth sharing and that I am capable of teaching and guiding others. To understand that I have the answers to my questions and I don’t need to constantly seek out validation for them is completely empowering and motivating to keep looking deeper within myself."
-Amanda Urbanski, May 2016
Read Original Post
- "Awesome stay, the food is top notch, the location and accommodations are amazing, the people warm and fantastic. I would highly recommend Northern edge to anyone looking to get away, just breathe it all in."
-Debbie Hope, August 2020
Read Original Post