Job Posting: Hospitality Support
Role Title: Hospitality Support
Hours: Part time, 15 – 30 hours/week
Location: Our off-the-grid retreat centre on Kawawaymog Lake, 20km from South River, Ontario.
Start Date: August or sooner.
Northern Edge Algonquin
We provide experiences in nature that help us rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.
“The Edge” is a nature retreat & awareness centre located on Kawawaymog Lake, on the edge of Algonquin Park. We offer year-round retreat experiences including yoga retreats, adventure getaways, spiritual experiences, team building, experiential tourism training programs, reunions, and more. Comfortable cabin accommodations, delicious meals, programs, and activities are always included.
Employees at Northern Edge enjoy working surrounded by nature, in a positive work environment.
- Join an active & engaged work community offering regular team outings & experiences.
- Participate in a wide variety of all-inclusive retreat programs at no cost & reduced cost, contributing to both personal & professional development.
- Borrow program materials & outdoor equipment (such as canoes, yoga mats, & SUP boards) for personal use in our corner of Algonquin Park & area.
- The Edge offers a self-funded health & dental benefits program for team members after four months of uninterrupted employment.
- Our focus on wellness & empowerment in nature helps not only our guests, but contributes to the continued personal growth of all our team members.
- When possible, team members may arrange to live on-site seasonally or long-term as a part of their working agreement.
- Workers nourish their own needs with flexible hours of work and a generous sick day policy.
- Room to grow: Over time, workers expand and craft their role by exploring new areas in the direction of their passions & talents.
We’re looking for a positive & energetic person to join our Hospitality team at the Edge and contribute to our high standards of cleanliness and quality care for our guests. This combination role involves helping out with Housekeeping tasks on some weekdays, and working in the kitchen on weekends in a Food Service support role, helping to keep the kitchen clean & organized, and prepare food safely.
What you’ll do:
- Sweep, mop and wash floors,
- Clean furniture and fixtures,
- Make beds and change sheets,
- Wash and fold laundry,
- Transport clean and soiled linens. Loading and unloading washing machines and dryers, folding sheets, towels and bedding.
- Ensure the safe storage and effective use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Wash, dry, and put away dishes in their proper places,
- Assist with food preparation tasks,
- Sweep & prepare dining room prior to guest meals,
- Maintain a positive and professional decorum at all times.
- Work with our team, doing what needs to be done to ensure the safety & positive experience of guests.
Areas of Growth:
- This role could grow into a full Housekeeping or Food Service stewardship role.
What you have:
- Passion, initiative, enthusiasm, motivation and teamwork.
- A deeply empathetic approach to your work, both with internal team and visitors
- A commitment to and passion for championing the core values and identity of Northern Edge Algonquin
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility, Adaptability, Resiliency.
- Reliable transportation to and from work at our Algonquin Park location. In many cases, carpooling may be available from local towns.
- Experience in Food Service, Housekeeping, or Hospitality an assett.
- Send in your application to [email protected]
- Include your resume, cover letter, and 2-3 references with email addresses.
- Candidates may be invited for an interview at our Algonquin Park retreat.