Algonquin Park Camping Permits
Overnight permits are required for each individual for each night of camping when traveling in Algonquin Park. Your guest permit fee contribution of $12.43/person/night enables Algonquin Park to:
- ensure guest safety and comfort by maintaining and monitoring trails, portages and campsites and make continual improvements to back-country infrastructure including boardwalks, docks, pit privies (outhouses) and maintain buildings and facilities with historical and archeological significance,
- fund ongoing scientific research; wildlife, fisheries and species at risk research (including the wildlife that guests in the park come to see and hear) ensuring ecological integrity is maintained,
- monitor and rehabilitate Algonquin Park landscapes, ecosystems,
- promote education including park naturalist services, educational programs and production of learning materials showcasing the natural and cultural history and science of the animals and wildlife in Algonquin Park,
- maintain the character of Algonquin as a wilderness park through enforcement of noise and travel restrictions, and ensuring sustainable camping and environmental practices including can and bottle ban are followed by guests.
This amount will be applicable to all guests joining us for a canoe trip into Algonquin Park, and is charged for your convenience on top of our canoe trip price, per night spent in the Park.