Creating A Safe Space
Northern Edge Algonquin has been closely monitoring the ever-changing Covid-19 pandemic and has taken great care to put policies, procedures and protocols into place which implement best practices to create the safest environment for both our guests and staff.
While visits to Northern Edge Algonquin will look a little different than they have in the past, we have no doubt that guests will continue to have the enjoyable, relaxing, adventurous and life-changing experiences that they always have.
We invite our guests to explore the possibility of new, different layers of connection in these times. Perhaps as the space around us expands, so does our capacity to go deeper into ourselves, embodying loving and protective boundaries for ourselves and others.
Safety has always been our number one priority, and in the wake of Covid-19, it is more important than ever. Our new procedures and protocols support our COVID-19 policy, which states: Northern Edge Algonquin, its employees, and guests shall act in accordance with and implement all precautions, as per the guidance of the Government of Ontario and Public Health Ontario, creating a safe and healthy operating environment while stopping the spread of COVID-19.
Here’s what you can expect upon booking an experience at the Edge:
*NEW* Compliance with Ontario’s Vaccine Mandate
We remain committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members. In accordance with the Ontario government’s mandate regarding indoor dining, meeting, and recreational spaces, guests attending retreats after September 22, 2021 will be required to show government-approved proof of being fully-vaccinated against COVID-19.
Exemptions & alternative options:
We appreciate that many of our guests are fully vaccinated, which helps make it possible to gather again in safety, and we also appreciate that the decision to vaccinate is a personal one.
At this time a negative COVID-19 test or previous COVID-19 infection are not legally recognized as substitutes for proof of vaccination, but we continue to monitor this ever-evolving landscape and act as advised by public health authorities.
Children under 12 and individuals with government-approved medical exemptions are exempt from this policy, and are encouraged (but not required) to take the self-initiative of being tested within 48 hours of their visit.
Vaccination-related Cancellations & refunds
Attendees of upcoming retreats who registered prior to September 22nd and are unable to provide the required documents are entitled to a full refund, up to 14 days prior to their arrival. As this policy comes with advance warning, cancellations which take place within 14 days of arrival are subject to our standard deposit and cancellation policy.
A flexible refund policy
Prior to the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, Northern Edge Algonquin followed our Deposit Protection & Lifetime Credit Policy which, in short, meant that deposits were non-refundable, but could be applied to a future retreat experience. You can read more about that Policy here.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed much of how the world operates, including our deposit policy. Deposits for both guests and facilitators are currently refundable at any time leading up to a retreat experience if a cancellation occurs as a result of government-mandated closures, or the appearance of any Covid-19 related symptoms. This allows us to safely move forward with retreat experiences, keeping both our own and your minds at ease that everyone on site will be happy and healthy.
All of the staff at Northern Edge Algonquin are required to self-screen before coming to work, and we are asking our guests to do the same. A day or so before your arrival, you will receive some last minute reminders including some updates to our packing list (personal alcohol-based hand sanitizers and non-medical face coverings) as well as a link to a mandatory Covid-19 screening questionnaire which must be completed before your arrival.
This questionnaire will ask if you have experienced any flu-like symptoms, if you have traveled outside of the country or been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
An additional screening will also be conducted upon arrival at the Edge.
Preventing the Spread
In accordance with Public Health regulations, we will be encouraging the following among both guests and staff…
- Use of outdoor spaces whenever possible
- Practicing physical distancing as much as possible
- Frequent hand washing and use of our sanitization stations throughout the property
- The use of face masks indoors in public spaces and where physical distancing may be a challenge outdoors
The only time that face coverings will not be required indoors (in public spaces) is while seated at the dining table, or on your yoga mat.
Enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols
Northern Edge Algonquin’s thoroughly enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures include but are not limited to….
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting common areas and high-touch surfaces (light switches, door handles, toilet handles, counters, sink handles, handrails, tables, chairs, etc..) with approved cleaners and disinfectants.
- Sanitation stations with disinfectant wipes in common areas
- Using approved disinfectants with Drug Identification Number (DIN) on Health Canada’s Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) list.
- Accommodations and communal areas such as Points North are left to air out for 24 hours after guest departure prior to cleaning.
- Cleaning surfaces with soap and water in addition to disinfecting.
- Washing hands between cleaning/disinfecting rooms for 20 seconds minimum.
- Providing hand sanitizer at entrances/exits and at the top and bottom of handrails.
- If items must be shared, cleaning with alcohol or disinfectant wipes between users.
Service & Hospitality Enhancements
Other changes to our service offerings will include:
- Dining outdoors when weather is agreeable, and spacing added to indoor tables & chairs.
- Staff washing guest dishes, where in the past guests have pitched in with post-meal cleanup.
- Use of pre-packed single servings of items like salt & pepper, rather than communal items.
- Removal of tablecloths for easier sanitization between meals.
- Guests have been asked to select private accommodations rather than shared, unless traveling with somebody already in their bubble.
- Retreat programming will take place outside as much as possible.
An Emergency Response Plan
Facilitators and staff will remain vigilant throughout your experience, monitoring both themselves and fellow retreat participants for any Covid-19 symptoms. They will have access to government regulated PPE in the event of an emergency where close proximity medical care is required, and will be trained in a Covid-19 Emergency Response Plan which includes isolating any ill person(s) from the group, contacting the local medical authorities and following their advice. Suspected cases of Covid-19 will likely result in an early end to the retreat.
Still have questions?
We are happy to answer any inquiries pertaining to our policies, procedures and protocols via [email protected] or 1 888 383 8320.