When I come to the Edge, what am I investing in?
The choice to invest in the Edge fuels an economy of sufficiency, sustainability and generosity. It also fuels your own inner fire!
Northern Edge is a social enterprise, dedicated to offering affordable rates that maximize human and environmental wellness, while sustaining our retreat and awareness centre.
Investing in Yourself:
- Unplug & take a much-needed vacation from technology. Where cell phones don’t ring and emails don’t download, our guests feel free.
- Enjoy delicious meals catered to your own dietary needs from sustainable, local ingredients.
- Retreat, relax, explore, rejuvenate, rest, find adventure, and learn.
- Reconnect with who your authentic self, without all the outer distractions and to do lists.
Investing in Our Dream:
What if it was possible to co-create a new dream for humanity and the earth?
The full name of our centre is: Northern Edge Algonquin Retreat and Awareness Centre, recognizing that change begins with awareness. As shared in the Edge’s mission of ‘Rediscover ourselves, empower each other, and heal the earth…’ we are all invited to exercise our choice to invest in that which preserves the beauty of nature, serving a greater purpose in our world.
With gratitude we acknowledge our guests as co-investors, coming together to stand for a common purpose of living in a world of environmental sustainability, balance, harmony, and peace. Thank you!
When you visit the Edge, your investment contributes towards:
- Providing guests with healthy, home cooked meals featuring local, sustainably harvested foods, and organic/fair trade foods including fresh food right out of our garden, Gregor’s garden and other local food initiatives.
- Planning and preparing food (and snacks) that meets a wide variety of special dietary needs.
- Providing private gathering spaces (indoors and outside) that allow retreat participants to fully embrace new learning opportunities.
- Providing natural environments on our off-the-grid facility, supporting conservation efforts and observing of wildlife.
- Space preparation before a retreat including fresh flowers, cleaning and decorating.
- Providing program supplies such as chairs, blankets, creative art supplies, candles, canoes, kayaks, SUP boards, cross-country skis, snowshoes, kick-sleds, yoga mats, yoga blocks, drums, and more.
- Heating and providing electricity and the comforts of home to visitors to our off-the-grid home. Repairs, replacements, and upgrades of these systems.
- Laundry services to clean linens and other items at our office in South River.
- Providing wood supply for the warmth and enjoyment of fire stoves, campfires, and sauna.
- Facility development to provide greater levels of guest comfort, including the creation of new spaces for guests like the sauna, hive deck, greenhouse & apiary, and kitchen expansion.
- The cleaning & maintenance of our facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Gardens, landscaping, signage.
- The services of program coordinators, guest services, kitchen & facility staff, hosts, and facilitators. Making these jobs available to locals in our community.
- At our office in town: office supplies, communications services, electricity.
- Hosting conference calls, website management and hosting of www.PeaceVillages.com social network for participants of some programs.
- The development of promotional materials, marketing and selling spaces for events.
- Insurance, accounting, bookkeeping and legal costs.
- Countless hours of dream time to find direction in the evolution of the Edge and our programs.
How can I deepen my contribution?
- Bring a friend, or tell your friends and family about us. Plan a group visit.
- Buy local, and meet the artisans, farmers, storytellers in your community.
- At home, visit your local parks & trails. Find ways to get outside and connect with nature.
- Contact us about making a donation to our Edge Greening Fund or the Canadian Centre for Shamanic Studies Scholarship Fund: 888-383-8320 ext. 1, [email protected]