Our Local Flavour
We value the opportunity to give back to our land and our communities, and being able to hear the stories of where our spaces, meals, and resources come from.
That is why every experience at the Edge offers guests a taste of place by highlighting food and drink that is produced in the neighborhood.
Northern Edge Algonquin is proud to source from the following local partners:
- Highlander Brew Co. – Local South River brewery that serves up delicious brews and is our Highlander House partner.
- Swift Canoe & Kayak – Local South River company that creates & repairs our canoes, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards.
- Bear Chair Co. – Local South River company that manufactures the waterfront “bear chairs” and other outdoor furniture at the Edge.
- Algonquin Tea Co. – Algonquin Park company that sources local plants to create a wonderful tea collection.
- Soapstones – Local soap and shampoo products from Huntsville, Ontario
- Delpha Wake – Huntsville seamstress who has created our yoga bolsters & eye pillows.
- Algonquin Coffee Roasters – South River-based coffee roaster.
- Viewpointe Estates Winery – Essex County winery run by Edge co-founder Martha Lucier’s brothers.
- A number of local producers also provide ingredients for delicious meals, including Board’s Honey Farm/Northern Nectars, Stonemote Cottage, Deer Lake Lodge, DeHaan Family Farm, Jannsen Family Farms, Poschaven Farms (organic wheat), Pink Moon Garlic, Thornloe Cheese Factory, Springhill Farms, Santasha Farm, Ron & Meredith McLaren, MeMeres Bakery, MYCO-op Shiitaki, B. LePage Fishery, Atillio’s Fine Foods, Krause Farm Store, & Wild Muskoka Botanicals.
We also provide a lot of our own local flavour: Lots of fresh veggies & herbs are grown right on site, many of our spaces and facilities were designed and build by Gregor, we have our own small maple sugar shack production, and have also experimented with bee-hives and more.