Our Retreat Facilitators
Retreats at Northern Edge Algonquin are hosted by experienced facilitators with a deep connection to the Edge. These are folks who have cultivated a relationship with the Edge through multiple visits, working & living here, and specialized training in delivering retreats in the Way of the Circle.
When you visit the Edge, a Retreat Facilitator will be your go-to person who can make your stay extra special. In addition to taking lead on facilitating a retreat program, they will support the group dynamic and help everyone to feel comfortable, safe, and at home in our spaces.
When you bring a group to the Edge as a Guest Facilitator, one of our facilitators will act as your co-facilitator throughout the retreat. Your host & guide, they’ll have the answers to many of your questions and they’ll help bring our recipe for retreat planning magic to the forefront of your experience:
He or she will:
- Co-Facilitate, delivering activities to accent your program and give you time to decompress.
- Hold space for the group, creating a calm & welcoming safe space for our guests.
- Be an active participant of the full retreat program, listening deeply and attuning to what group members are feeling throughout the retreat
- Act as the bridge between you, your community and the Edge community, spaces and team.
- Welcome participants to the Edge and show them to their accommodations
- Deliver important messaging at the right times, such as providing a welcoming orientation and briefings on the use of the dining room & sauna.
- Share ideas to enhance your program with team expertise, materials, and spaces you may not know about.
- Act as timekeeper for the group, helping to keep everyone on-time for meals and programming.
- Check in with you after every meal to confirm what is next, and work with you to ensure participants are all on the same page with where to go next and how to prepare.
- Check in with you privately as needed to identify common threads & possibilities that may contribute to the program, or help overcome odd energy or triggers within the group.
- Help make the magic happen!