Retreat Planners’ Open House
Are you a community leader, facilitator, coach, teacher, or retreat organizer? Are you interested in learning where you can plan retreats, workshops, or bring your community to grow and connect? Join us at our next Open House!
We’re eager to plant and tend to seeds of connection and inspiration with transformative leaders, teachers, coaches, and facilitators. We look forward to creating with you.
Why come to an open house?
- Connect: Meet the Edge team who live, work, and play on Kawawaymog Lake. Connect with nature – the trees, the water, the air, the land. Chat with other community leaders and organizers.
- Explore: Walk through the spaces and facilities that can support your programming – including cabin accommodations, the main dining room, sauna, fire circles, Hive Deck, lakeside trails, Turtle Shell adventure centre, Points North, and more.
- Dream: Wander in wonder. Invite yourself to dream of what is inspiring you to grow the connections within your community and how that might unfold.
- Experience: Taste what it’s like to dine at the Edge with samples from Chef Gregor. Relax in the sauna and then feel exhilarated by a cold dip in the lake.
- Learn: Learn about how to plan a retreat for your group, how unplugged time in nature can be transformative, and about Edge signature programs including the Way of the Circle leadership framework.
What types of group retreats can the Edge support?
There are spaces, equipment, and facilitator support to host the following types of gatherings:
- Community – yoga studios or wellness groups, unplugged group getaways, community development and connections
- Corporate – corporate groups, team building, leadership development, support employee wellbeing and team culture, conferences and summits
- Creative – creative hobby groups and clubs, writing workshops, artistic exploration gatherings, painting retreats, musical groups
- Certifications – workshop leaders, presentations, instructors hosting certification weekends (paddling, wilderness first aid, etc)
Arrive between 11:30 – 12:00 to begin your walkabout tour of the facilities.
Depending on the flow of the day and number of attendees, we may offer tasters & learning about our mealtime philosophy with Gregor, fire circle chats about retreat planning & marketing strategies, or a wood-fired sauna in the afternoon.