Heartlines: Wellness, Restoration, & Resiliency Retreats for Communities of Service
Renewing in nature, we invite rest and connection. Following our heartlines to nourish our inner healer, we honour our stories and generate health in mind, body and spirit. Together, we chart a heart-strong course for hope, vitality and purpose.
As caretakers, health and emergency support workers, and frontline workers, your focus has been on supporting your community – sometimes prioritizing those needs above your own.
The Heartlines Retreat is our remedy for burnout, stress, and fatigue. Through time spent unplugged in nature, experience together a variety of wellness activities which will engage dreamtime, adventure, creativity, and community connection.
It’s time to prioritize your own mental health and wellbeing . . . Tend to the heart, experience restoration, and recover your resiliency in nature. Experience:
- Immersion in resiliency practices, mental health supports and coping strategies
- Basking in the quiet of lakeside and forest living with a chance to move freely around outside spaces
- Deep rest and rejuvenation, connection to your breath & body, renew your mental and emotional strength.
- Engaging your inner explorer with guided and self-guided adventures across the lakes and trails of Algonquin Park
- Connecting with nature through grounding activities like sprouting, gardening, foraging, and re-wilding
- Feeling heard & supported through peaceful expression and communication in a safe environment
- Taking some personal space and find sanctuary at the Edge
Who is this retreat for, and what’s included?
The Heartlines Retreat is available for pre-formed groups of frontline workers in need of rest and rejuvenation – a need that is bigger now than ever: PSWs, nurses, paramedics, doctors, those helping in shelters or group homes, mental health professionals, police, firefighters, teachers & teacher’s aids, and caregivers.
We seek to partner with organizations and programs who are in a position to identify and financially support appropriate groups and communities for this program.
- It’s all included: private & unplugged gathering spaces, meals & accommodations, program development and facilitation, equipment and materials, from $916/person.
Ready to bring your community of frontline workers to the Edge?
- Connect with us via the chat widget to check availability and begin the planning process!
- The Heartlines retreat experience is available to groups of 8+ frontline workers.
- I accepted an invitation to further develop my leadership skills at the Leadership Summit 2022. The retreat was warm and welcoming, we each had an opportunity to grow our skill set through active co-creation and planning. Our days were filled with brilliant experiences shared with talented and inspiring people developing new ideas to bring out the best in guest experiences as a collective community and individual empowerment.
-Amanda Farrell, November 2022
- The first Leadership summit at Northern Edge Algonquin was truly a remarkable one. We were invited to participate in the role of facilitator and participant and encouraged to adapt a growth mindset for the weekend and beyond. We had the opportunity to reflect, dream, expand and drop in deeply to the experience. It was both enjoyable and transformative and I'm so grateful I got to be a part of it.
-Leadership Summit Attendee, November 2022