Wild Women Adventure Retreat
Enjoy the wilderness of Algonquin Park, comfortable cabin accommodations and delicious meals on this unforgettable ladies only retreat weekend.
Northern Edge Algonquin has partnered up with Wild Women Expeditions, a leader in outdoor adventure for women, to create this one-of-a-kind experience where you can try something new every day, exploring with all of your senses.
Over four days, you will explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences in the woods and on the water, ending each day watching sparks from the bonfire disappear into star strewn skies and then happily crawling under a feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake as you drift off to sleep.
Our Wild Women Adventure Retreat will include:
- Fully guided retreat program featuring Wild Women Expeditions facilitator Caroline Owen, including opportunities for Guided Canoe & Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions, Yoga, Hiking, and more!
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Kayak, Bike, Hike, or SUP.
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Step out of the city for the weekend to experience community connection and the best that Algonquin has to offer . . . Register today!
All-inclusive: Wild Women Adventure Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, guided adventures, program materials, equipment, facilitation, and administration are all included, from $1100 – $1400/person. (Price may vary with accommodation selection.)
- August 13 – 16
- September 3 – 6
- September 24 – 27
- October 8 – 11
- "The staff is attentive, passionate about creating a restful experience for you and have thought of everything. The buildings are spotless and cozy and the facilities are beautiful, well laid out and fit into the natural environment. And the food -- the best, most plentiful, creative, delicious, organic local food imaginable... The sauna was the highlight for me, dipping into the lake and back into the sauna all afternoon meant my body was fully renewed. The yoga studio overlooking the lake and the meditation room are peaceful and lay the groundwork for a wonderful transformative retreat."
-Anna Hardwick, October 2018
Read Original Post
- "When I signed up, I figured I’d have a pretty good time. But I was astonished by how truly wonderful it turned out to be. And the impact that it had on me, physically, mentally and spiritually. Thanks to Wendy’s and Joanna’s gentle guidance, loving care and slightly wicked senses of humour – I not only had the best vacation I could imagine, but I was able to really relax, gain some much needed perspective, rediscover my love of yoga and the outdoors and overcome some hurdles which turned out to be more mental than physical. Then there’s Greg’s awesome meals. Yummy. In short, A Quest for Balance completely rocks! Once you experience it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner."
-Lisa Denvir, Toronto
- "It is hard to describe in words how much I love the Edge. Feeling beyond grateful for an experience filled with awe and wonder. Far more fulfilling than a week down south and has restored my childhood love of the winter! Every person, place and thing at the Edge contributed to an experience that left me replenished, whole and happier than I had been in months... Staff at the Edge helped me figure out how to help myself. Leaving me able to replenish myself in my regular crazy and hectic life!"
-Joanne Hofinger, February 2018
Read Original Post
- “I want to tell you about a very special place. The kind of place where you can let go of everything – your time, your stress, your expectations – and just relax and exist. A place where breathing might be the most important thing you do all day.”
-Angela Dollar, Wanderlust & Lipstick
Read Original Post