Heart Foundations Retreat Series
Come home, and remember how to live in ceremony, nourish and grow the passions that give you great fulfillment, and connect with inner wisdom to help guide your purposeful journey.
The Heart Foundations series offers one gathering each season, open to participants of all experience levels on their spiritual paths. Each seasonal gathering has a guiding theme & inspiration, exploring different aspects of building a strong and sustainable foundation of heart-centered living.
Each retreats program is co-created with participants through a process we call the Way of the Circle. Participants tap into their intuition, unique gifts, soul yearnings, day and nighttime dreams, ancestral wisdom, and helping spirits to co-create living ceremony, going deeper into rediscovering their greatest teacher and healer within. This allows us each to receive a magical learning experience that meets our individual needs while being of service to the greater circle. Through the heart’s gateway within, we are able to respond with our innate gifts and abilities, fulfilling the greatest needs we see in the world around us.
Heart Foundations programming at Northern Edge Algonquin is not informed by any one cultural practice. Our circle is a diverse community of heart-centered individuals from a variety of cultural & spiritual backgrounds. While a circle member may choose to share a special tradition from their practice with our circle, the teachings we aim to impart are universal to all forms of spirituality:
- The Circle. The importance of community.
- Mother Nature. Coming home to nature and the elements.
- The Heart. Love, support, and our foundation.
- Tap into your own ancestral wisdom through meditation, many forms of the shamanic journey, and other ways to connect inward.
- Learn how to co-create ceremony in a circle community.
- Experience drum circles, sound healing, sauna ceremonies, singing together, and other in-spirited creative expressions
- Learn peacemaking tools and skills such as active, deep listening, and holding space.
- Come into harmony with the seasons and elements by spending time outside in nature.
- Deepen your connection to the circle and nourish your home practice with 2 circle conference calls (pre-retreat and post-retreat) and continuing home practices & stories from our newsletter.
How will I grow?
- Develop trust and love within, and with others.
- Join a heart-centered community working in the way of the circle.
- Empower yourself and learn to empower others.
- Tap into the deep well of ancestral wisdom within you.
- Heal the past; nourish present living; prepare for the future.
- Transform with love and support from your soul family.
- Come home to your true nature.
“The Heart Foundations are vehicles for change. Within the safe and supportive structure of the Way of the Circle, we realize our inter-connectedness, travelling deep within to retrieve the gifts we came into this world to share. Being seen, feeling heard, inspiring each other, and honouring one another’s values, we heal the root cause of isolation and scarcity. Coming together we undergo a joyous alchemical process, transmuting the dream of fear, divisiveness and disharmony into the dream of Love, Unity, and Peace. Our survival as a human species depends on us remembering ancient wisdom, and our connection to the Spirit that lives in all things.” ~ Martha Lucier, Co-Founder
Curious about what to expect? Read The Unexpected: What to expect at a shamanic gathering at Northern Edge Algonquin
“If shamanism is calling to you, it is not an invitation that you will be able to decline. It calls like wild geese and it is the wildness within you that will answer.”
~ Trae Robinson, Circle Member & Participant
“I am more ME than I have ever been, and I am becoming more and more me all the time now. When we heal our hearts, we can share our inner gifts with the world.”
– Jane Large, Circle Member & Participant
All-inclusive: Heart Foundations Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, mentoring, and administration are all included, from $658/person.
- Heart Foundations Investment: $200/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $229/person/night (2 nights)
Subscriptions & Savings
- Our subscription plan allows participants to attend all four seasonal gatherings with a discount and simplified monthly payments.
- Learn more about our CCSS Scholarship Fund.
Upcoming Training Dates:
January 25 – 27, 2019
Come home to the Fire Within, gathering under the stars in the stillness of winter to re-ignite your passion.
April 12 – 14, 2019
Flowing with renewed life, embrace your child-like innocence and plant the seeds of new dreams.
July 19 – 21, 2019
Step outside to daydream in nature, honouring our ability to create in this time of abundance.
October 18 – 20, 2019
Gathering wisdom from the wind and trees, root deep into the earth and restore your soul.
Some words from past attendees :
- "I was welcomed with open arms, love and so much faith and support. To be here exactly as I am, without the need to validate my existence or justify myself in any way. To just, be. I could feel myself gaining a small piece of my heart back, with the realization that I do have something to offer, that my story is worth sharing and that I am capable of teaching and guiding others. To understand that I have the answers to my questions and I don’t need to constantly seek out validation for them is completely empowering and motivating to keep looking deeper within myself."
-Amanda Urbanski, May 2016
Read Original Post
- "It’s difficult to put into words just how much transformation can come from a weekend where all we do is eat and breathe into the question of creation, and dig into ourselves in a way we might not in our ordinary reality ... Something changed in me. Something deep in the roots of my heart and something that outreached beyond myself."
-Vanessa Brown, Trout Creek, February 2018
Read Original Post
- "The activities shift with the in-the-moment needs of the participants, with our questions, with our reflections, and with the facilitators’ observations of what is going on in the physical and non-physical realities. It won’t be a textbook experience. It will be YOUR experience, as you examine your stories, the chapters of your life, and the stories of your ancestors that are found within your own being . . ."
-Jacynthe Villemaire, July 2015
Read Original Post
- "As soon as I arrived, I knew this was my home away from home. I had found my shamanic family. Martha and the circle of facilitators she has trained are all highly skilled shamanic practitioners, heart-centred and integrity based . . ."
-Jan Beaver, July 2015
Read Original Post