Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; from millennials to baby boomers. Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come.
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature.
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Kayak, Bike, Hike, or SUP.
- Interactive learning experiences – we work with a variety of facilitators who are eager to share their passions with you – Explore Hands-on Wildlife exhibits and stories, Art, Gardening, Beekeeping, Music, Pizza-making, Wild-crafting, and more.
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kayak, and Canoe excursions through lakes Kawawaymog, Nahma, Craig, North Tea, and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake after an outdoor wood-fired sauna, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
- Up North Program: $150/person
- Meals & Accommodation: from $210/person/night (3 nights)
- All-Inclusive: Meals and snacks from arrival dinner to departure day lunch, canvas cabin accommodation, all equipment for canoeing, stand up paddling, mountain biking and guided wilderness safari excursions provided.
- Recommended for Adults and youth aged 14+
- June 29 – July 2
- or by arrangement for groups of 8+
- "Each learning experience was crafted with knowledge, skill and just a touch of whimsy to make it exceptional. They were made sweeter knowing you were coming back to a cozy nook to eat food that the best food writers would have a hard time describing . . ."
-Nicole Robinson, November 2014
Read Original Post
- "The setting is an idyllic, pristine forest/lake environment with log cabins, tented cabins and common buildings that co-exist and thrive with nature. Discovering the little nooks and cozy crannies on the property that Todd and Martha have created made us at first feel like we'd been dropped off at Camp, and were free to explore as we all had done once as kids. The food was the biggest surprise: every meal was a healthy gourmet treat . . ."
-Robert Byrne, August 2016
Read Original Post