Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; from millennials to baby boomers. Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come.
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature.
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Kayak, Bike, Hike, or SUP.
- Interactive learning experiences – we work with a variety of facilitators who are eager to share their passions with you – Explore Hands-on Wildlife exhibits and stories, Art, Gardening, Beekeeping, Music, Pizza-making, Wild-crafting, and more.
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kayak, and Canoe excursions through lakes Kawawaymog, Nahma, Craig, North Tea, and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake after an outdoor wood-fired sauna, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
All-inclusive: Up North Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included, from $987/person.
- Up North: Algonquin Explorer Program: $150/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $229/person/night (3 nights)
- By arrangement for groups of 8+
- "I feel so grateful to write a second review for this unique and authentic facility, its programs, its values and its spiritual grounding. Once again, the physical setting was so ideal for this [Heart Blossom] retreat. We drummed, danced, dined like kings and played in the water to reconnect with our inner selves and our collective power to support and care for one another. All the superlative adjectives in the world would barely scratch the surface of how special this place is in so many ways. Make time for it, if it calls to you. You won't be disappointed."
-Tanya Marwitz, August 2018
Read Original Post
- "A Relaxing and fulfilling weekend - went into the retreat with no expectations and was blown away! It is more like staying at a close friends cottage than a retreat with a group of strangers. The instant camaraderie that is shared between participants is remarkable! The food is all locally sourced, nourished the soul and palette . . ."
-Lauren Reinhart, September 2018
Read Original Post