Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; from millennials to baby boomers. Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come.
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature.
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Kayak, Bike, Hike, or SUP.
- Interactive learning experiences – we work with a variety of facilitators who are eager to share their passions with you – Explore Hands-on Wildlife exhibits and stories, Art, Gardening, Beekeeping, Music, Pizza-making, Wild-crafting, and more.
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kayak, and Canoe excursions through lakes Kawawaymog, Nahma, Craig, North Tea, and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake after an outdoor wood-fired sauna, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
All-inclusive: Up North Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included, from $650/person.
- 3 Days / 2 Night Up North Retreat from $650/person*
- 4 Days / 3 Night Up North Retreat from $897/person*
- *Alternative rates available based on attendees’ choice of cabin.
- By arrangement for groups of 8+
- "Heaven on earth! This place is so amazing, if you are looking to escape the noise of the city, and unwind, you will not regret coming here. The hospitality and food are incredible, the place is spacious and has lovely grounds. A huge thank you to the amazing chef Greg, the awesome Tim, who played music and sang for us at night, and the wonderful family who own the land and let us into their home. Thank you thank you thank you! We will be back for a winter retreat for sure!"
-Ahmad Atalla, July 2018
Read Original Post
- "A lot of work goes into making all guests comfortable and I can tell you, we all were and all was done seamlessly. From the young folks in their 20's to the ones in their 50's and in between, we all had a GREAT time . . ."
-Catherine Moore, February 2016
Read Original Post