TRACKING THE INNER LANDSCAPE
By: Doug Mannen (CCSS Collective Member)
The logging road, abandoned at night, provides a safe route through the old hardwood forest. I have watched many trees fall. I do not understand why they are being dragged like prey from their home, but it is a noisy, reeking process; nothing I have ever smelled leaves a scent like this place has. It is not safe to be near through the light time with so many two-leggeds, and the roaring beasts they seem to command at will! Hunting has become difficult too; so much of my prey has left. But, I do not hunt tonight. I am not hungry and will not kill.
My fur is soaked through to the skin; a light rain has been falling through the darkness, but I am warm for I have been running a long time, a fleeting shadow moving silently, quickly on the muddy tracks.
Ahead is another, larger stony path. I pause and rightly so. Bright eyes are approaching, their light glancing off the trees. I turn my head; my yellow, glaring eyes must not reflect back at the approaching beast. It would not be wise to be seen. I recognize it as it passes; I have seen it resting at a two-legged’s further east. I do not trust them, but yes, I have seen where they stay for I have explored my territory. It is my best interest to know what is here.
FOLLOW LINK TO READ FULL STORY
In a place of solitude, at a time when nothing else presses, decide upon an animal you wish to deepen your understanding of. Close your eyes and begin to imagine what this animal smells like, tastes like, looks like, feels like, sounds like. As your senses expand, ask this animal permission to merge with it so you may experience its life as your own.
Then allow the animal’s senses to guide your imagining experience and lead you on a journey into the unknown. When your animal senses something, how does that affect your experience or where the journey leads you next?
At the completion of your experience, record any feelings, actions or connections you may have become aware of. How did your understanding of this animal expand or deepen? Over the next seven days, continue to reflect upon your experience as you explore the questions:
* How can my merging experience be incorporated into my daily life?
* Is there a teaching which may help me develop Empathy?
* How can I utilize Empathy as I deal with family, friends, collegues and strangers?
Practise more of these journeys, merging with less familiar forms- the elements, plants, rocks- anything. As your understanding of Nature deepens, Empathy may develop and love for all Creation may become more natural.
How Wolves Change Rivers
This video shares the connection story of how wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone National Park in 1995 (after being absent for 70 years) and transformed the way of being for all others, including their landscape.
Nov. 28 – 30, 2014
Is the CCSS community and its programs right for you?
Meet CCSS Founder, Martha Lucier, and CCSS collective members at booth #89.
On Sunday November 30th, from 10:45-11:30am, engage in our experiential presentation “Living Ceremony: Awakening Nature’s Wisdom Within”.
Through shamanic ceremony, we will activate the wisdom of our senses, freeing the pathways of our imagination, as we journey through the elements, empowering ourselves to connect with the indigenous soul of the Earth.
▪ For location, ticket info, directions: FOLLOW THIS LINK
▪ Bring the Expo Show Guide from Vitality Magazine’s November issue = $2.00 discount from tickets at the door
Heart Flame of Shamanism Training
January 16-18, 2015
Imagine yourself sitting in circle with others who hold similar questions in their heart as you do, such as: Why am I here? How can I fulfill this emptiness I feel? Is there more to my life than this? What are my gifts? What is my purpose? How can I heal?
You have all gathered to both give and receive support from a community of like-minded and like-hearted people seeking growth and change. As each circle member begins to open up, trust is built through the sharing of each person’s story and through connecting the innate wisdom everyone carries.
Together, in the richness of nature, you journey into the playful unknown to be reminded of the light and abilities you were born into this world with. Guided by the comforting hands of your helping spirits, you begin to move forward with the knowing that you are not alone, and realize that perhaps you never were…
FOLLOW LINK TO FIND OUT MORE
Save 5% with CCSS Affinity Member code:ccssdoug*
* Follow link to “Book it now” or, call 1-888-383-8320
Soul Pathways of Shamanism
One Year Program
What if you could consciously transform your life to align with your soul’s gifts and purpose?
Re-membering our authentic truths, gifts and purpose, we align in a life of service as we restore balance of our soul connections within and without.
* Feb. 20 – Feb. 22, 2015
* May 22 – May 24, 2015
* Aug. 19 – Aug. 23, 2015
* Nov. 20 – Nov. 22, 2015
FOLLOW LINK TO FIND OUT MORE
Requirements for applying:
* An existing shamanic practice with a confident ability to journey and connect with spirit guides.
* Completion of a ‘Heart Foundation of Shamanism Training’, ‘Journey Within: Basic Shamanism Retreat’, or ‘Two Year Advanced Training in Shamanism’ with CCSS.
* Special consideration will be given to those with other equivalent shamanic experience or training.
To apply: Fill out online application form by January 15, 2015
Celtic Shamanism Two Year Program
Two Year Program
With Andrew Steed
Training will explore:
* The Wild Hunt
* Celtic Gods & Goddesses
* Brighid medicine
* The 4 Gateways and the Centre
* Tuatha De Dannan
* Working with the 3 strands of poetry: sorrow, joy, and peace
* Journeying into the strands of life, death, and rebirth
* The way of the Bard
* Celtic story telling and reclaiming
* Rhiannon and Celtic aspects of Sovereignty
* Amrum & the sacred breath of the Dragons, weaving dragon lines within us
* Oct. 28 – Nov. 1, 2015
* Apr. 20 – Apr. 24, 2016
* Oct. 12 – Oct. 16, 2016
* Apr. 5 – Apr. 9, 2017
FOLLOW LINK TO FIND OUT MORE
CCSS Affinity Program
* Earn credits for your attendance of a CCSS program, or,
* Earn referral revenue for your personal income, community or business
Sign up for one-year subscription plan
* Attend all four seasonal Heart Foundation of Shamanism trainings at discounted price
* Follow link to find out more
Sign up with friends or family members
* Each save 10% with referral code: 2ormore
Co-create a personalized payment plan just for you!
Contact CCSS Coordinator Gwenith Kikkawa: [email protected], 888-3838320 x4
Have you seen what is happening on Peace Villages?
▪ Strengthen and deepen your connections
▪ Empower each other
▪ Plan & share events or gatherings
▪ Keep communications alive
▪ Advertise on marketplace
▪ Step into your power
▪ Exercise your peace skills and ability to respond to any need
▪ Connect with other global communities