Family Adventure Vacations
Families grow closer when adventuring together in nature . . .
Disconnect to Connect: Your family reunion group of 8 (or more) adults plus the children will have memorable getaway that engages all ages. Come discover what we’ve hidden in the forest at the Edge.
With cozy family-friendly forest cabin accommodations and memorable meals you can relax and enjoy family adventures, social entertainment, shared creative projects in an atmosphere with no distractions. Customize your reunion with:
- creativity: mask-making, watercolour painting, nature art
- adventure: guided naturalist hikes on the Forgotten Trails, mountain biking, canoeing or sea kayaking with island excursion, snowshoeing, skiing, shinny hockey or skating under the stars, dog sledding.
- dream time: yoga, beach time, reflexology, candle-lit forest walks.
- celebration: campfire s’mores and games, wolf howls, campfire songs, hand-drumming.
We’re open year-round! Curious about a sample itinerary? Check out Up North: Algonquin Explorer.
- From $249/person/night based on accommodation choice.
- Includes delicious meals crafted from local ingredients, shared accommodations, equipment & materials, hosting services.
- Kids Pricing is available just for Family Adventure Vacations. Ages 2 – 13 from $150/child/night, with a minimum of 8 adults.
- Enriching Add-Ons available.
With a date in mind, email [email protected] or give us a call at 888 383 8320. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, check availability, and provide you with any extra info that you need before you place your deposit.
We can invoice & communicate with one group planner directly & accept a $600 deposit to confirm your dates, or we can set your retreat up online for each person/family to register & pay separately.
Praise for the Edge:
- When I signed up, I figured I’d have a pretty good time. But I was astonished by how truly wonderful it turned out to be. And the impact that it had on me, physically, mentally and spiritually. Thanks to Wendy’s and Joanna’s gentle guidance, loving care and slightly wicked senses of humour – I not only had the best vacation I could imagine, but I was able to really relax, gain some much needed perspective, rediscover my love of yoga and the outdoors and overcome some hurdles which turned out to be more mental than physical. Then there’s Greg’s awesome meals. Yummy.
In short, A Quest for Balance completely rocks! Once you experience it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
-Lisa Denvir, Toronto, July 2010
- "The accommodations were great. We had a little cabin with a canvas roof. Despite the rain that weekend, we were cozy and dry. The bed was warm with a comfy duvet. The food was amazing. I require a gluten-free diet, and Chef Gregor created delicious food that included gluten-free alternatives. Gregor is very keen to follow a 100 mile diet, and the meals were excellent and plentiful . . ."
-Shannon Ferguson, August 2014
Read Original Post