Safety comes first for students visiting our outdoor education centre.
Below are a few of the precautions we take to ensure your child is in good hands:
- Prior to beginning any activity students are introduced to possible health and safety issues and instructed in safe procedures.
- Supervision level is high: our staff to participant ratio is the lowest in the industry: 1:6 maximum.
- All of our staff are certified in wilderness first aid and other applicable skills. They are experienced and mature individuals who make your child’s safety a priority.
Your son/daughter does not need to purchase any equipment to participate on our experiential education trips and retreats.
Please see the Parents Package for more information.
We look forward to introducing you to our solar-powered facility, and sharing adventures in the woods and lakes of Algonquin Park.
Each year hundreds of students like you visit us in our home in the forest. Our programs are all about having fun. You will have a great time with your classmates exploring trails and rivers, and discovering wildlife and a variety of plants.
It is not necessary to buy any equipment in order to enjoy your field trip at the Edge. Please leave valuables and electronics at home.
The Student Info Package (pdf) will explain everything else you need to know to plan for your visit.
Planning a trip? Check out our Experiential Education planner pdf for all the latest info.
Already booked? Please print and complete the following resources
- Accommodation and Meal Planning (once completed, please send to your CEO.)
- Rules (to share with students on the bus ride)
- Acknowledgment and Release/Emergency Contact (please print a copy for each student, have them signed by parents/guardians, and collect ahead of trip.)
- Chaperone Policies (please print and deliver to all chaperones attending trip. Chaperones are included at no cost at a 10:1 student:chaperone ratio.)
See a list of past curriculm based outdoor programs we have created for Ontario teachers. Check out our sample winter program itinerary.
Catholic School teachers appreciate the opportunities to meet Ontario Catholic School Graduation Expectations during their visit to the Edge.