Fire & Ice: A Winter Retreat
Rediscover your love of winter in Algonquin Park, experiencing what it is like to live in a winter wonderland.
Slow down to the quiet pace of winter, stay in a private forest cabin & enjoy guided winter adventures during the most magical time of the year.
Dream it, do it.
- Guided Snowshoeing, Cross Country Ski, and Kick-sled Adventures will re-ignite your passion for the snow.
- Ice Skate on Kawawaymog Lake before enjoying a heartwarming meal from Chef Gregor.
- At night, step outside after basking in our rejuvenating sauna to experience a festival of stars and possibly bear witness to the northern lights at Algonquin Park.
- Taste hot chocolate around the stove or campfire and spend some quiet evenings away from the world while staying in your own private forest cabin.
Your adventure is enhanced with outstanding candlelit meals served up by award winning chef Gregor.
Adventure awaits this winter at Algonquin Park, Ontario Canada.
- Fire & Ice (3 Day Program): $130/person
- Meals & Accommodation: from $229/person/night (2 nights)
- All-Inclusive: Meals and snacks from arrival dinner to departure day lunch, studio cabin or habitat cabin accommodation, guided adventures and naturalist interpretation, all equipment for winter adventures including skis, kick-sleds, snowshoes, skates (limited ice skate sizes available).
- By arrangement for groups of 10+
- "Classes and workshops are really wonderful, but in terms of connection and integration and relationship building, retreats are so, so rich in depth and intimacy. Being in a studio all the time, which is INCREDIBLE, its also really missing a huge piece to the puzzle, one that is intimately intertwined to yoga, and thats nature. To be able to slow down and feel Mama Natures embrace, thats life changing. And that a really beautiful thing to witness in your participants. One of my most favourite aspects of the whole experience: working with [Edge host] Tim. It was just SOOOO great having him there for the weekend. I felt so, so supported and taken care of and it took any feelings of unease or hesitation or doubt out of running a retreat. He was there. Gently, quietly, but present and all in. And I learned A LOT about leading. For me, I can feel insecure and introverted and it was SUCH a great reminder to simply show up for people. Exactly as I am, but be there for them in the best way I know how."
-Shannon MacLaggan, Owner, White Pine Yoga
Read Original Post
- "I was amazed at how much we packed into such a short time period, I'd come back in a flash. I really enjoyed Todd's communication style - very easygoing, but thought provoking."
-Sally Thompson, Vice President, Halsall Associates