Fire & Ice: A Winter Retreat
Rediscover your love of winter in Algonquin Park, experiencing what it is like to live in a winter wonderland.
Slow down to the quiet pace of winter, stay in a private forest cabin & enjoy guided winter adventures during the most magical time of the year.
Dream it, do it.
- Guided Snowshoeing, Cross Country Ski, and Kick-sled Adventures will re-ignite your passion for the snow.
- Ice Skate on Kawawaymog Lake before enjoying a heartwarming meal from Chef Gregor.
- At night, step outside after basking in our rejuvenating sauna to experience a festival of stars and possibly bear witness to the northern lights at Algonquin Park.
- Taste hot chocolate around the stove or campfire and spend some quiet evenings away from the world while staying in your own private forest cabin.
Your adventure is enhanced with outstanding candlelit meals served up by award winning chef Gregor.
Adventure awaits this winter at Algonquin Park, Ontario Canada.
- Fire & Ice (3 Day Program): $130/person
- Meals & Accommodation: from $229/person/night (2 nights)
- All-Inclusive: Meals and snacks from arrival dinner to departure day lunch, studio cabin or habitat cabin accommodation, guided adventures and naturalist interpretation, all equipment for winter adventures including skis, kick-sleds, snowshoes, skates (limited ice skate sizes available).
- By arrangement for groups of 10+
- “The experiential activities and reflective exercises that were a part of the Ignite Kawarthas Northumberland program were among the most well-planned and most effectively delivered teachings that I have had the privilege of participating in. Todd and his staff at Northern Edge Algonquin are not only gracious hosts of the highest caliber, they are truly experts in their field who are able to inspire deeper thinking and creative responses that will help me to build experiential tourism outcomes in our community.”
-Debra Soule, Economic Development Officer – City of Kawartha Lakes
- "We really enjoyed the unique experiences you provided. Everybody had a good time and our office is filled with positive energy and smiling people. It was an inspiring way to meet and share with others who walk the halls of our Bay Street Offices. It was the first time I’d met many of them. We’re already planning our next visit to the Edge, perhaps a winter event."
-Francesca Murray, BMO Nesbitt Burns