Come home to your true nature.
Are you looking for a way to reconnect with yourself and your passions? Or perhaps you are ready to feel empowered and gain back control of your life?
Come join us on a journey of self-discovery at a Heart Wisdom Healing Retreat. It’s an experience like no other, with activities that give you the tools to create positive change in your life. From creating personal rituals, engaging more deeply with your family, to identifying your passions and following your dreams – we empower you to use your heart’s wisdom as a tool for transformation.
Nestled in the heart of nature, these transformational retreats invite you to come home to your true nature, awakening the guidance of your inner wisdom. Engaging in practices that help you to dream, connect, explore, and create are the foundation of heart-centred wellness. Our unique and experiential programs evoke your childlike wonder, your dreamer within, and your wise leader. Learn how to drop into the heart’s centre, express yourself more honestly, be present and actively listen – all while creating wonderful shared memories with like-minded participants.
The Heart Wisdom Healing Retreat takes place each season on the edge of Algonquin Park and is open to participants of all experience levels. Each gathering has a guiding theme inspired by the seasons; winter dreaming, spring flowing, summer blooming, and fall harvesting. These themes are then blended with transformative and spiritual practices and activities that help cultivate our wisdom such as nature connection, journaling and sharing in circle, movement and meditation, sound healing, sauna sessions, crafting & art, energy healing and co-created ceremony. You’ll come away from this self-healing retreat with practices for daily life that are the foundation for heart-centred living.
No matter who we are, or where we are on our journey in life, the heart is our meeting place . . .
This retreat is for you if you’re:
- Feeling stuck or in a transition period and unsure how to move forward.
- Seeking a conscious connection to your life’s purpose.
- Open to learning heart-led forms of self-inquiry to tap into your deepest desires.
- Keen to develop trust and compassion for yourself and others.
- Ready to make lifelong transformations that support wholeness and health.
- Intent on deepening your connection with nature and its ancient wisdom.
- Called to learn more about heart-centred communication and how to cultivate peace in your family, in your communities, and in the world.
- Ready to heal the past, live in the present, and empower your future.
- Seeking belonging and support from a compassionate spiritual circle community.
- Feeling ready to explore deeply within yourself in a safe and natural, drug and alcohol-free space.
Each Heart Wisdom Healing Retreat is co-created by the participants and led by a mentoring team through a process we call the Way of the Circle. Following the principles: dream, connect, explore, create and evolve, we take a journey of self-discovery together. Learn how to tap into your intuition, unique gifts, soul yearnings, day and night-time dreams, and innate wisdom, to co-create living ceremony and access your potential.
We believe that your heart knows the answers and if you can learn how to listen, you can uncover all that you already possess. By slowing down, unplugging, and following an inspiration, rather than an itinerary, we allow for personal growth inspired by nature, meeting individual desires while creating a meaningful community. No matter who we are, or where we are on our journey in life, the heart is our meeting place.
Curious about what to expect? Read The Unexpected: What to expect at a circle gathering at Northern Edge Algonquin or The Heart-Centered Path.
Sign up today for an unforgettable healing and spiritual-style retreat with us, you will gain insight not only into yourself but also into who you want to become so that your goals are achievable. Join a Heart Wisdom program each season for a truly inspiring journey!
Each retreat is hosted by 2 co-facilitators and supported by 1-2 mentors. Our leadership circle is a diverse community of heart-centred individuals from a variety of cultural and spiritual backgrounds. Through our collective leadership practices called The Way of the Circle the mentoring team will guide retreat members to share authentically in the group.
“The Heart Wisdom programs are vehicles for change. Within the safe and supportive structure of the Way of the Circle, we realize our inter-connectedness, traveling deep within to retrieve the gifts we came into this world to share. Being seen, feeling heard, inspiring each other, and honoring one another’s values, we heal the root cause of isolation and scarcity. Coming together we undergo a joyous alchemical process, transmuting the dream of fear, divisiveness and disharmony into the dream of Love, Unity, and Peace. Our survival as a human species depends on us remembering ancient wisdom, and our connection to the Spirit that lives in all things.”Martha Lucier, Co-Founder
February 2024 – Coming soon
Theme: Heart Flame
Coming home to the Fire Within, let us gather under the stars in the stillness of winter dreamtime to re-ignite our passions.
May 4 – 7, 2023
Theme: Heart Flow
Flowing with renewed life, let us embrace our child-like innocence as we plant & nurture the seeds of new dreams.
August 10 – 13, 2023
Theme: Heart Blossom
Playing outside and daydreaming in nature, let us honour our ability to create in this time of growth & abundance.
October 12 – 15, 2023
Theme: Heart Wood
Harvesting wisdom from the wind and trees, let us root deep into the earth, connecting and restoring our balance.
All-inclusive: Heart Foundations participation, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest cabin accommodation, program materials, mentoring, and administration are all included, from $1049/person + HST.
- Heart Foundations Investment: $200/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $849/person (3 nights, 4 days)
Learn about scholarships & options for financial assistance.
Some words from past attendees :
- "Nature has a way of creating a deep play for young ones, but also for adults too. At the Edge, I was able to dream, create, and become mindful at the moment, leading by my heart centre. My heart had been broken, my sense of identity lost. Coming to the circle, an ancient community practice, at the Edge, helped me understand what my new normal would become."
-Jennifer Casement Buttineau, Barrie, September 2018
Read Original Post
- "Awesome stay, the food is top notch, the location and accommodations are amazing, the people warm and fantastic. I would highly recommend Northern edge to anyone looking to get away, just breathe it all in."
-Debbie Hope, August 2020
Read Original Post
- "I felt so very humbled by this time together. We came as strangers and left as soul sisters and brothers, each from different parts of a symbolic forest.We sang, we played instruments, we connected with the trees and Mother Earth, we sweat together and swam together. We lay together and trusted that the mycelium underneath would help to decompose what no longer served our spirit. We soared in this new longing for more. We continue to connect with the magic inside of us and look forward to our return to the Edge – a place that brought us to a breath-taking view of ourselves and the knowing that we can always return.”
-Bina Mittal, October 2021
Read Original Post
- "Beautiful area set back into the woods on a lake. It was an entire weekend of meditation on a personal level, of which, assisted me to work through personal stressful events of every day life. Very clean, and organized, comfortable for certain. The Staff, are very kind, and friendly. LOVE THE EDGE!"
-Jane Mathers, April 2019
Read Original Post