Heart Foundations Retreats
What would it be like to come home to your heart, remembering how to live purposefully by guidance of your inner wisdom, nourishing and growing the passions that gift you great fulfillment?
The Heart Foundations series offers one retreat each season, open to participants of all experience levels. Each retreat has a guiding theme that explores different aspects of building a strong and sustainable foundation of heart-centered living.
Each retreat experience is co-created by the participants through a process we call The Way of the Circle. Participants tap into their intuition, unique gifts, soul yearnings, day and nighttime dreams, innate wisdom, and helping spirits to co-create living ceremony, going deeper into rediscovering their greatest leader, teacher and healer within. This allows us each to receive a magical learning experience that meets our individual needs while being of service to the greater circle. Through the heart’s gateway within, we are able to respond with our innate gifts and abilities, fulfilling the greatest needs we perceive in the world.
No matter who we are, or where we each are on our journey in life, the heart is our meeting place . . .
Our circle community is comprised of a beautifully diverse group of heart-centered individuals from a variety of cultural and spiritual backgrounds. During a retreat participants may feel called to share a personal tradition or practice with the retreat group. We welcome the universal learnings that come through our diverse circle culture: nourishing love, peace and unity, and connecting to nature.
What will I experience?
- Tapping into your innate wisdom through heart-lead forms of self inquiry.
- Community building in the sustainable Way of the Circle.
- A deepening connection with Mother Earth.
- Learning how to facilitate and co-create peacemaking in your family, in your communities, and in the world.
- Resetting your circadians rhythms, flowing in harmony with the elements and seasons.
- Developing trust and compassion within, and with others.
- Healing the past, nourishing present living, and preparing for the future.
- Making lifelong transformations that support wholeness and health.
- Ongoing community building through monthly calls, gatherings, and newsletters.
- Coming home to your true nature.
Curious about what to expect? Read The Unexpected: What to expect at a circle gathering at Northern Edge Algonquin
“The Heart Foundations are vehicles for change. Within the safe and supportive structure of the Way of the Circle, we realize our inter-connectedness, travelling deep within to retrieve the gifts we came into this world to share.
Being seen, feeling heard, inspiring each other, and honouring one another’s values, we heal the root cause of isolation and scarcity. Coming together we undergo a joyous alchemical process, transmuting the dream of fear, divisiveness and disharmony into the dream of Love, Unity, and Peace. Our survival as a human species depends on us remembering ancient wisdom, and our connection to the Spirit that lives in all things.”
Martha Lucier, Co-Founder
All-inclusive: Heart Foundations participation, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, mentoring, and administration are all included, from $658/person.
- Heart Foundations Investment: $200/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $229/person/night (2 nights)
- Our subscription plan allows participants to attend all four seasonal gatherings with a discount and simplified monthly payments.
Upcoming Retreat Dates:
February 21 – 23, 2020
Come home to the Fire Within, gathering under the stars in the stillness of winter to re-ignite your passions.
April 24 – 26, 2020
Flowing with renewed life, embrace your child-like innocence as you nurture and grow the seeds of new dreams.
July 17 – 19, 2020
Playing outside and daydreaming in nature, honor your ability to create in this time of abundance.
October 16 – 18, 2020
Harvesting the wisdom from the wind and trees, root deep into the earth and restore your soul.
Some words from past attendees :
- "I feel so grateful to write a second review for this unique and authentic facility, its programs, its values and its spiritual grounding. Once again, the physical setting was so ideal for this [Heart Blossom] retreat. We drummed, danced, dined like kings and played in the water to reconnect with our inner selves and our collective power to support and care for one another. All the superlative adjectives in the world would barely scratch the surface of how special this place is in so many ways. Make time for it, if it calls to you. You won't be disappointed."
-Tanya Marwitz, August 2018
Read Original Post
- "Heart Flow was without a doubt the most deeply extraordinary experience that I've ever had which provided me with clarity and assurance that nature knows the way, when we are truly connected within ourselves and are brave and willing -- deep down we know the way, and that when we hold a dream within a community we can co-create the way. The way to love, to peace, to acceptance, to balance, to harmony, to beauty --- I'm on my way."
-Courtney Sinclair, May 2016
Read Original Post
- "Nature has a way of creating a deep play for young ones, but also for adults too. At the Edge, I was able to dream, create, and become mindful at the moment, leading by my heart centre. My heart had been broken, my sense of identity lost. Coming to the circle, an ancient community practice, at the Edge, helped me understand what my new normal would become."
-Jennifer Casement Buttineau, Barrie, September 2018
Read Original Post
- "It’s difficult to put into words just how much transformation can come from a weekend where all we do is eat and breathe into the question of creation, and dig into ourselves in a way we might not in our ordinary reality ... Something changed in me. Something deep in the roots of my heart and something that outreached beyond myself."
-Vanessa Brown, Trout Creek, February 2018
Read Original Post