Green Living at Algonquin Park
The Edge was designed from the ground up to be Algonquin Park (and even Canada’s) most sustainable and environmentally sound place to travel.
Recognized by TripAdvisor as a PLATINUM LEVEL GreenLeader, our operations, facilities and staff aim to prove to the world that responsible travel experiences which honour our connection with the earth, local communities, local food producers can be economically viable while being vital to the health and well-being of people across the world. In short we see our Algonquin Park home as an oasis from this hyper-connected world.
Our guests appreciate our efforts at being a low carbon, sustainable, eco-friendly, responsible provider of Algonquin Park retreats and adventures. Join us living closer to and in respectful harmony with the natural world:
- Turn our solar panels to face the sun at different times of day.
- Practice no-trace camping hiking and paddling with us in Algonquin Park.
- Taste the difference in fresh organic grains and preserves, locally raised meat, organically grown fair trade coffee and home grown vegetables.
- Enjoy hot showers and use our energy efficient lights powered by the sun shining on our 26 solar panels producing 2.8 kW of power.
- Participate in our comprehensive recycling program.
- Use our composting toilets and low-flow toilets.
- Stay in a century old log cabin, recycled and rebuilt here at Algonquin Park.
- Pitch in with clean up after meal time, recalling a time when the best conversations happened at the kitchen sink.
- Meet local facilitators, support staff and Algonquin Park canoe guides who walk gently on the earth and invite you to do the same.
We’re not just a place to stay, our guests participate in award-winning, nationally recognized Canadian Signature experiences with us here at our Algonquin Park home.