Rails, Trails, & Tales
We are excited for the return of our culinary bike & hike retreat that begins and ends at Union Station in Toronto.
Our signature experience Rails, Trails, & Tales allows your team to meet your facilitator right in downtown Toronto and board the Ontario Northland train together to South River, from where we’ll have the option of biking or catching a ride to the Edge. No vehicles or bussing needed, we’ll begin the experience right on the train!
Rooted in partnership and local flavour, we’ll have the opportunity to Explore South River with visits to the Crystal Cave and South River Brewery before beginning our journey to the Edge. Hop on a bike and cycle along 22km of rolling backcountry trails, breathing in the fresh air and the spectacular forest colours until we arrive at our destination.
Over the next few days, The Edge is home-base for this customizable Retreat Program for groups of 10 – 35. Explore the Forgotten Trails, a network of exhilarating local trails with stunning views and varying level of difficulty via bike & hike. Hit the water with stand-up paddleboarding & canoeing. Enjoy the hearty harvest flavours of the season cooked up by Chef Gregor. Soak up the stars with a late-night paddle, relax around a campfire, and hop between our wood-fired sauna and freshwater lake.
One very special evening, an artisan pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven awaits along with a live performance from a local singer/songwriter.
This program is an excellent fit for team-building and corporate groups, friends, and cyclists.
- Culinary adventure, pairing the taste of the season with a variety of outdoor experiences.
- Explore local trails and a beautiful 22km cycling journey (rides offered if you prefer a shorter journey)
- See how our local partners take center stage in this experience that’s all about local living and collaboration.
- An unplugged concert with a local singer/songwriter or other special guests.
- Ample doses of local lore & story telling thrown in for good measure.
Rails, Trails, & Ales Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, round-trip train tickets from Toronto, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included.
Pricing from $1249 / person based on choice of accommodation.
- Available by arrangement for groups of 10+.
- This program will be available upon the return of the Ontario Northland train with service from Toronto to South River. (EST 2023) – A modified version of the program without train travel is available.