Fire & Ice: A Winter Getaway in Algonquin Park
Rediscover your love of winter with a fabulous Algonquin Park getaway and experience what it is like to live in a winter wonderland. It’s just different here.
Slow down to the quiet pace of winter, stay in a private forest cabin and enjoy guided winter adventures paired with heart-warming meals during the most magical time of the year.
Dream it, do it.
- Guided adventures invite you to explore on your winter getaway by snowshoe, cross-country ski, and kick-sled.
- Winter is a time for dreaming – cozy up by the wood stove to journal and dream your year ahead, or to play games and reconnect.
- At night, step outside after basking in our rejuvenating sauna to experience a festival of stars and possibly bear witness to the northern lights at Algonquin Park.
- Ice skate on a frozen lake in the moonlight, with a warm cup of cocoa and lanterns in the forest to guide your way back to your cabin.
- Experience heart-warming candle-lit meals served up by award-winning Chef Gregor.
- Cozy up by the fire, roast some marshmallows & breathe in the clear air of northern Ontario.
Adventure awaits this winter at Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada.
All-Inclusive Winter Getaway: Includes meals and snacks from arrival dinner to departure day lunch, shared studio cabin accommodation, guided outdoor adventures and naturalist interpretation, all equipment for winter adventures including skis, kick-sleds, snowshoes, skates (limited ice skate sizes available) from $616/person (depending on choice of accommodation).
How to book
- If you’re looking to attend a pre-scheduled event with a friend or partner, we have a special Fire & Ice: Winter Getaway Retreat scheduled for February 12 to 14, 2021. Limited availability. Reserve your space here.
- Have a group of 10+ friends & family you’d like to see come together? Book your very own, fully customizable private retreat with us by contacting [email protected]
- "We keep coming back to Northern Edge because we can count on a wonderful experience with guides that graciously go up and beyond! Working for a non-for-profit that helps "at risk youth", I particularly appreciate the level of accommodation and genuine kindness from staff . . ."
-Mary Benedetti, Horizons for Youth
Read Original Post
- "We were there on a perfect summer weekend, and spent our time swimming, biking, hiking, paddle boarding, canoeing, relaxing and meeting/enjoying other guests. Courtney, our group leader was so instrumental in keeping the group of 14 engaged for the weekend. She was a great teacher for the water sports and her main concern was that everyone enjoyed the experience and was meeting the guests’ expectations. She never pressured anyone to participate. There was ample time to spend on your own or join in with the group. It truly was an unplugged weekend, with no cell phone or internet access, but in a good healthy way."
-Karen Nesbitt, July 2018
Read Original Post