Quest for Balance
Nourish your body and soul with our signature Yoga & Stand Up Paddleboarding retreat.
It’s a little Yin for your Yang . . .
- four days / three nights of accommodation and meals at Ontario’s award-winning Algonquin Park nature retreat
- daily yoga sessions
- stand up paddleboarding (SUP) lessons and excursions
- mouth-watering locally grown, organic meals
- time to dream, be creative, rest, rejuvenate & experience a sense of community
With the fullness of summer brings the opportunity to meet it with a pause – to simply be, to rest, to integrate all that you’ve experienced, and to take the pace of nature in order to renew the body and mind and find balance. This yoga retreat at Ontario’s Algonquin Park offers daily yoga sessions in the cradle of our eco-retreat while learning stand up paddleboarding on scenic Kawawaymog Lake.
This retreat is open to all skills levels, from beginner to advanced. What might you experience in savasana under a festival of stars? How might you feel to expand and stretch with the morning sun on the dock, breathing in as the water around you sits in stillness? What might be revealed to you as you explore our edge of Algonquin Park via paddleboard?
Read Angela Dollar’s story on her Quest for Balance at Northern Edge Algonquin or print off the Sample Itinerary to share with friends!
Quest for Balance Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, and administration are all included, from $1249/person.
- Quest for Balance Retreat Program: $300/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $949/person depending on choice of cabin.
Upcoming Dates & Registration
Also available on custom dates: Contact us to arrange a private Quest for Balance retreat for your group.
Some words from our guests :
- "When I signed up, I figured I’d have a pretty good time. But I was astonished by how truly wonderful it turned out to be. And the impact that it had on me, physically, mentally and spiritually. Thanks to Wendy’s and Joanna’s gentle guidance, loving care and slightly wicked senses of humour – I not only had the best vacation I could imagine, but I was able to really relax, gain some much needed perspective, rediscover my love of yoga and the outdoors and overcome some hurdles which turned out to be more mental than physical. Then there’s Greg’s awesome meals. Yummy. In short, A Quest for Balance completely rocks! Once you experience it, you’ll kick yourself for not doing it sooner."
-Lisa Denvir, Toronto
- "Northern Edge Algonquin is for you if you want to breathe fresh air, swim in a clean fresh water lake, eat fresh organic food, meet like minded people. In our particular case, we chose the Quest for Balance retreat, which included yoga sessions and stand up paddle boarding. No activity was ever mandatory. The priority is to respect oneself and each other. No judgments here. There are planned activities and also free time. It is a place to get unplugged totally. I highly recommend it, and will definitely return."
-Zianne, August 2018
Read Original Post
- "A beautiful space to escape from the city, technology and enjoy nature surrounded by a gorgeous family-style lake house. Chef Greg was my favourite addition, his food was wonderfully prepared, locally & organically sourced, and SO delicious! You could really tell he loved what he does. Yoga studio has a fantastic view of the lake, and every part of the space was thoughtfully and beautifully designed - would highly recommend and will definitely be back."
-Ashleigh Martin, September 2018
Read Original Post
- "The staff is attentive, passionate about creating a restful experience for you and have thought of everything. The buildings are spotless and cozy and the facilities are beautiful, well laid out and fit into the natural environment. And the food -- the best, most plentiful, creative, delicious, organic local food imaginable... The sauna was the highlight for me, dipping into the lake and back into the sauna all afternoon meant my body was fully renewed. The yoga studio overlooking the lake and the meditation room are peaceful and lay the groundwork for a wonderful transformative retreat."
-Anna Hardwick, October 2018
Read Original Post