Heart Foundational Shamanism Trainings
Come home, and remember how to live in ceremony, nourish and grow the passions that give you great fulfillment, and connect with inner wisdom to help guide your purposeful journey.
The Heart Foundations of Shamanism series offers one gathering each season, open to participants of all experience levels on their spiritual paths. Each seasonal gathering has a guiding theme & inspiration, exploring different aspects of building a strong and sustainable foundation of heart-centered living.
Each retreats program is co-created with participants through a process we call the Way of the Circle. Participants tap into their intuition, unique gifts, soul yearnings, day and nighttime dreams, ancestral wisdom, and helping spirits to co-create living ceremony, going deeper into rediscovering their greatest teacher and healer within. This allows us each to receive a magical learning experience that meets our individual needs while being of service to the greater circle. Through the heart’s gateway within, we are able to respond with our innate gifts and abilities, fulfilling the greatest needs we see in the world around us.
- Participate in diverse forms of shamanic journeying and meditation.
- Learn how to co-create ceremony in a circle community.
- Experience drum circles, sound healing, sauna ceremonies, and other in-spirited creative expressions
- Learn peacemaking tools and skills such as active, deep listening, and holding space.
- Come into harmony with the seasons and elements by spending time outside in nature.
- Deepen your connection to the circle and nourish your home practice with 2 circle conference calls (pre-retreat and post-retreat) and continuing home practices & stories from our newsletter.
How will I grow?
- Develop trust and love within, and with others.
- Join a heart-centered community working in the way of the circle.
- Empower yourself and learn to empower others.
- Tap into the deep well of ancestral wisdom within you.
- Heal the past; nourish present living; prepare for the future.
- Transform with love and support from your soul family.
- Come home to your true nature.
“The Heart Foundations are vehicles for change. Within the safe and supportive structure of the Way of the Circle, we realize our inter-connectedness, travelling deep within to retrieve the gifts we came into this world to share. Being seen, feeling heard, inspiring each other, and honouring one another’s values, we heal the root cause of isolation and scarcity. Coming together we undergo a joyous alchemical process, transmuting the dream of fear, divisiveness and disharmony into the dream of Love, Unity, and Peace. Our survival as a human species depends on us remembering ancient wisdom, and our connection to the Spirit that lives in all things.” ~ Martha Lucier, Co-Founder
Curious about what to expect? Read The Unexpected: What to expect at a shamanic gathering at Northern Edge Algonquin
“If shamanism is calling to you, it is not an invitation that you will be able to decline. It calls like wild geese and it is the wildness within you that will answer.”
~ Trae Robinson, Circle Member & Participant
“I am more ME than I have ever been, and I am becoming more and more me all the time now. When we heal our hearts, we can share our inner gifts with the world.”
– Jane Large, Circle Member & Participant
All-inclusive: Heart Foundations Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, mentoring, and administration are all included, from $658/person.
- Mentoring & Administrative fee: $200/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $229/person/night (2 nights)
Subscriptions & Savings
- Our subscription plan allows participants to attend all four seasonal gatherings with a discount and simplified monthly payments.
- Learn more about our CCSS Scholarship Fund.
Upcoming Training Dates:
January 25 – 27, 2019
Come home to the Fire Within, gathering under the stars in the stillness of winter to re-ignite your passion.
April 12 – 14, 2019
Flowing with renewed life, embrace your child-like innocence and plant the seeds of new dreams.
July 19 – 21, 2019
Step outside to daydream in nature, honouring our ability to create in this time of abundance.
October 18 – 20, 2019
Gathering wisdom from the wind and trees, root deep into the earth and restore your soul.
Some words from past attendees :
- "The activities shift with the in-the-moment needs of the participants, with our questions, with our reflections, and with the facilitators’ observations of what is going on in the physical and non-physical realities. It won’t be a textbook experience. It will be YOUR experience, as you examine your stories, the chapters of your life, and the stories of your ancestors that are found within your own being . . ."
-Jacynthe Villemaire, July 2015
Read Original Post
- "Heart Flow of Shamanism was without a doubt the most deeply extraordinary experience that I've ever had which provided me with clarity and assurance that nature knows the way, when we are truly connected within ourselves and are brave and willing -- deep down we know the way, and that when we hold a dream within a community we can co-create the way. The way to love, to peace, to acceptance, to balance, to harmony, to beauty --- I'm on my way."
-Courtney Sinclair, May 2016
Read Original Post
- "As soon as I arrived, I knew this was my home away from home. I had found my shamanic family. Martha and the circle of facilitators she has trained are all highly skilled shamanic practitioners, heart-centred and integrity based . . ."
-Jan Beaver, July 2015
Read Original Post
- "I've been into Recovery/Healing, Peace-searching, for most of my life. I've done Step groups, Religion, self help gurus, Rehab centers, doctors, therapists and Adrenalin rushes. At the 'Edge' and the Shamanism Training program, I was taught to tap into Humanity's ageless deep well of Spirituality like never before. Its been a week since the Training and I am more balanced and content then ever. . ."
-Eric Esko Jalonen, October 2014
Read Original Post