Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come . . .
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Bike, Hike, or SUP
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided stand-up paddleboard and canoe excursions through Kawawaymog Lake and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
All-inclusive: Up North Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included, from $899/person.
- 3 Day / 2 Night Up North Retreat: from $616/person depending on choice of accommodation.
- 4 Day / 3 Night Up North Retreat: from $899/person depending on choice of accommodation.
July 1 – 4, 2021
Also available on custom dates: Have a group of friends & family you’d like to see come together for Up North? Contact us to arrange a private retreat.
- "The staff is attentive, passionate about creating a restful experience for you and have thought of everything. The buildings are spotless and cozy and the facilities are beautiful, well laid out and fit into the natural environment. And the food -- the best, most plentiful, creative, delicious, organic local food imaginable... The sauna was the highlight for me, dipping into the lake and back into the sauna all afternoon meant my body was fully renewed. The yoga studio overlooking the lake and the meditation room are peaceful and lay the groundwork for a wonderful transformative retreat."
-Anna Hardwick, October 2018
Read Original Post
- "This is the 3rd time I have been to The Edge for a retreat. The moment I step onto this sacred land, I feel renewed. The energy here is incredible and so nourishing for the mind, body and soul! Attention to detail is found in every corner, from the warm, cozy beds, to the immaculately prepared gourmet meals. To every item displayed on the walls to a book case I could spend months pouring over . . ."
-Victoria Lynes, January 2016
Read Original Post