Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come . . .
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Bike, Hike, or SUP
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided stand-up paddleboard and canoe excursions through Kawawaymog Lake and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
All-inclusive: Up North Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included, from $999/person.
- 3 Day / 2 Night Up North Retreat: from $716/person depending on choice of accommodation.
- 4 Day / 3 Night Up North Retreat: from $999/person depending on choice of accommodation.
Available on custom dates for groups of 10+
Have a group of friends & family you’d like to see come together for Up North? Contact us to arrange a private retreat and inquire about 2022 and 2023 dates!
- "Beautiful area set back into the woods on a lake. It was an entire weekend of meditation on a personal level, of which, assisted me to work through personal stressful events of every day life. Very clean, and organized, comfortable for certain. The Staff, are very kind, and friendly. LOVE THE EDGE!"
-Jane Mathers, April 2019
Read Original Post
- "It is hard to describe in words how much I love the Edge. Feeling beyond grateful for an experience filled with awe and wonder. Far more fulfilling than a week down south and has restored my childhood love of the winter! Every person, place and thing at the Edge contributed to an experience that left me replenished, whole and happier than I had been in months... Staff at the Edge helped me figure out how to help myself. Leaving me able to replenish myself in my regular crazy and hectic life!"
-Joanne Hofinger, February 2018
Read Original Post