Up North: Algonquin Explorer
It’s like a “Summer Camp for Adults,” but with comfortable, private accommodation & delicious food. Try something new each day, exploring with all the senses.
Over three or four days, explore Algonquin Park in a variety of intimate and interactive learning experiences, ending each day under feather duvet listening to loons howl on the lake.
These experiences are designed for adults – young and old; Experiences at the Edge are bucket-list worthy experiences you’ll be telling stories about for years to come . . .
- Guided Canoe, Hiking, and Stand-Up Paddleboard Excursions with a focus on connecting to nature
- Opportunities for solo exploration via Canoe, Bike, Hike, or SUP
- Wildlife excursions with a good chance to spot moose and other wildlife in their natural habitat
- Heartwarming meals made from scratch with local ingredients
- Comfortable forest cabin accommodation
Settle into your cabin and get to know other guests on the afternoon of your arrival. Hit the water with guided stand-up paddleboard and canoe excursions through Kawawaymog Lake and the Amable du Fond river.
Share a bike-and-hike to Moose Mountain or the Tower Trail, enjoy a dip in the lake, and as always, savour chef Gregor’s award winning food experiences. All outdoor equipment use is included.
Rise early one morning & paddle the Amable du Fond River in the mist on a Morning Tea with Moose excursion to seek out moose, Algonquin’s most majestic mammal, while sipping Algonquin Tea. Enjoy a variety of workshops & hands-on learning experiences.
Step out of the city for the weekend; experience the best of “Up North.”
All-inclusive: Up North Program, all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch, comfortable forest accommodation, program materials, equipment, facilitation, guided excursions, and administration are all included, from $899/person.
- 3 Day / 2 Night Up North Retreat: from $616/person depending on choice of accommodation.
- 4 Day / 3 Night Up North Retreat: from $899/person depending on choice of accommodation.
July 1 – 4, 2021
Also available on custom dates: Have a group of friends & family you’d like to see come together for Up North? Contact us to arrange a private retreat.
- "Chef Gregor was a magician at creating fabulous meals from his tiny kitchen overlooking the snow covered lake. He had his guests drooling with anticipation as he recited before each meal the local ingredients (from herbs to meats, fresh pressed basil oil to Scotch ale) that composed his menu of organic delights. His passion for the environment and partnering with local growers make each meal an adventure in its own right. And he met each dietary request with ease, including glutin-free and vegan. Everyone raved over each meal. And so we were all content to contribute to the technology free environment by hand washing our dishes in hot sudsy well water, laughing with our new friends over drying and putting away techniques. Ending the day with a cup of their incredible blend of organic coffee or hot chocolate, especially after a late afternoon skate on the pond or a game of cards with other visitors, was an added bonus."
-Brenda Morgan, January 2016
Read Original Post
- "Awesome stay, the food is top notch, the location and accommodations are amazing, the people warm and fantastic. I would highly recommend Northern edge to anyone looking to get away, just breathe it all in."
-Debbie Hope, August 2020
Read Original Post