Evolve: The Art of Transformational Leadership & Facilitation
Tapping into our innate gifts, we explore and embrace what it is to lead authentically and realize our collective potential.
Evolve introduces coaches, leaders, teachers, and facilitators of all types and modalities to a toolbox of foundational “soft skills” to help you deepen your leadership ability.
For 25 years, the team at Northern Edge Algonquin has hosted transformational experiences in nature for all types of groups and individuals. This led us to co-create the Way of the Circle, a flexible and universal framework for shared leadership that has been at the heart of our retreats and enabled us to step into our role as a centre for transformational leadership.
Community-led, this retreat will be co-facilitated by our core team including insights from Martha, Todd, and some special guests.
“… The Edge has shown me how to support a deeper level of connection and unity within groups and to listen deeply for the threads being woven and the ways in which we might invite them forward during an experience.”– Courtney Sinclair
While there are many programs and certifications available to become a leader, teacher, or facilitator of a method, practice, or activity – these tend to focus on content, the “what.” Our focus is on “how” – the universal, fundamental elements that are the building blocks of authentic leadership.
Explore a deeper level of Transformational Leadership:
More than learning and discussion, we will actively:
- Create safe space and a sense of community through breaking the ice, simple acts of service, and facilitating circles that allow for authentic sharing and equity of voice.
- Embrace “planned spontaneity”, creating flexible programming that shifts to take advantage of special opportunities and align with the collective needs arising within a group.
- Lead from a place of authenticity, identifying & anchoring in your core values and sharing your passions and wisdom while leaving space for participants to share theirs as well.
- Communicate deeply and active listen, participate in important conversations from a place of calm & composure.
- Tap into the microcosm (personal journey) and macrocosm (collective journey) by tuning into how nature can inform us, and following the storyline of your guiding inspiration.
- Engage in self-care for yourself, avoiding burnout by becoming more resilient in honouring personal boundaries, leading with more energy and support.
- Take ownership and responsibility for your duty of care for participants, the impact and influence of your actions and words as a facilitator.
- Experience how rituals and ceremonies can anchor learnings through words, actions, and symbols, and co-create a ceremony to initiate ourselves as leaders.
- Debrief experiences, considering “what happened”, “why it matters”, and “what now?” and enabling participants to take the learning one step further.
For years, we’ve imagined teaching facilitators all about retreats and how to lead & market them. Evolve: The Art of Transformational Leadership and Facilitation builds the foundations of facilitating all types of group experiences, and is designed for leaders from all walks of life.
All-Inclusive Pricing Includes:
- Personal & Professional Development Evolve Program and certificate of completion.
- Book materials including our Art of Transformational Leadership & Facilitation workbook, The Way of the Circle: the Alchemy of Shared Leadership, and Break the Iceland.
- 4 days / 3 nights of meals & accommodations at our one-of-a-kind retreat centre on the Edge of Algonquin Park.
- Join a community of support. Meet new allies and establish relationships with people who are going to help you grow through pre-and-post retreat zoom calls and online spaces.
- Evolve Program: $750/person
- Meals & Accommodations: from $899/person depending on choice of cabin.
- September 23 – 26, 2021
Some words from our guests :
- “A unique mosaic of experiences that invited each of us to consider what’s possible within our own offerings when you pull together like-minded hearts and souls who appreciate a great story meant to be shared with others.”
-Jennifer Garland, The Mane Intent Inc.
- "Classes and workshops are really wonderful, but in terms of connection and integration and relationship building, retreats are so, so rich in depth and intimacy. Being in a studio all the time, which is INCREDIBLE, its also really missing a huge piece to the puzzle, one that is intimately intertwined to yoga, and thats nature. To be able to slow down and feel Mama Natures embrace, thats life changing. And that a really beautiful thing to witness in your participants. One of my most favourite aspects of the whole experience: working with [Edge host] Tim. It was just SOOOO great having him there for the weekend. I felt so, so supported and taken care of and it took any feelings of unease or hesitation or doubt out of running a retreat. He was there. Gently, quietly, but present and all in. And I learned A LOT about leading. For me, I can feel insecure and introverted and it was SUCH a great reminder to simply show up for people. Exactly as I am, but be there for them in the best way I know how."
-Shannon MacLaggan, Owner, White Pine Yoga
Read Original Post
- “The experiential activities and reflective exercises that were a part of the Ignite program were among the most well-planned and most effectively delivered teachings that I have had the privilege of participating in. Todd & the staff at Northern Edge Algonquin are not only gracious hosts of the highest caliber, they are truly experts in their field who are able to inspire deeper thinking and creative responses that will help me to build experiential tourism outcomes in our community.”
-Debra Soule, Economic Development Officer – City of Kawartha Lakes
- "I feel so grateful to write a second review for this unique and authentic facility, its programs, its values and its spiritual grounding. Once again, the physical setting was so ideal for this [Heart Blossom] retreat. We drummed, danced, dined like kings and played in the water to reconnect with our inner selves and our collective power to support and care for one another. All the superlative adjectives in the world would barely scratch the surface of how special this place is in so many ways. Make time for it, if it calls to you. You won't be disappointed."
-Tanya Marwitz, August 2018
Read Original Post