Experience the beauty of Algonquin Park from the comfort of our home on your next family getaway
Disconnect to Connect: Rediscover what really matters – each other. Northern Edge Algonquin is an unplugged, off-the-grid forest sanctuary free of any cell phone signal where you can say good bye to Facetime and engage in some real Face-to-Face time.
With year-round cozy family-friendly forest cabin accommodations and memorable meals you can relax and enjoy adventures in the woods and on the water, conjure up shared creative projects, relax by the fire, enjoy a forest pizza party and more while breathing in the fresh air of Northern Ontario with no distractions on your next family vacation.
In addition to having exclusive access to our award winning facilities, accommodations and all-inclusive meals, family vacations at the Edge are made all the more memorable by customized programming or selecting one of our signature retreat programs like Up North: Algonquin Explorer.
Customize your family vacation with:
- creativity: mask-making, watercolour painting, nature art
- adventure: guided naturalist hikes on the Forgotten Trails, mountain biking, canoeing or sea kayaking with island excursion, snowshoeing, skiing, shinny hockey or skating under the stars, dog sledding.
- dream time: yoga, beach time, reflexology, candle-lit forest walks.
- celebration: campfire s’mores and games, wolf howls, campfire songs, hand-drumming.
- other Enriching Add-Ons available.
How it Works:
- Select your date. Contact us to confirm availability.
- Select your Retreat Program: We recommend Up North: Algonquin Explorer at $150/person
- We’ll set up a booking portal for each family to book their preferred accommodation & pay for their portion.
Family Getaway All-Inclusive Pricing:
- Program fees are per-person and based on your Retreat Program selection.
- Meals & Accommodation from $616/person based on accommodation choice and length of retreat.
- Includes delicious meals crafted from local ingredients, shared accommodations, equipment & materials, hosting services.
- Kids Pricing is available for kids under 10, providing minimum numbers are reached with adults.
- Enriching Add-Ons available.
With a date in mind, email [email protected] or give us a call at 888 383 8320. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, check availability, and provide you with any extra info that you need before you place your deposit.
Praise for the Edge:
- "The setting is an idyllic, pristine forest/lake environment with log cabins, tented cabins and common buildings that co-exist and thrive with nature. Discovering the little nooks and cozy crannies on the property that Todd and Martha have created made us at first feel like we'd been dropped off at Camp, and were free to explore as we all had done once as kids. The food was the biggest surprise: every meal was a healthy gourmet treat . . ."
-Robert Byrne, Windsor, ON
Read Original Post
- "Meal times feel like a mix of upper echelon catering but in the comfort of your own home. At each meal the Head Chef would describe the meal, its ingredients and where they came from. This would often involve a story of procurement from a local farmer or food that was harvested from their own garden . . ."
-Andrew Tkach, February 2014
Read Original Post